Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FPC 4 GBA: a step ahead

FPC 4 GBA: a step ahead

ok, I updated my FPC sources to the newer 2.0.0 version, and that got it working
    However, now it's having problems finding all those .inc files, heh :? .

Quote Originally Posted by K4Z
    ok, I updated my FPC sources to the newer 2.0.0 version, and that got it working
    However, now it's having problems finding all those .inc files, heh :? .
    Define "problems", plz Do you get an error message?
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

osdefs.inc?

that was the one i missed yesterday
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Problems being that it cannot find the .inc files.
    are there more paths I need to set?

If I simply copy/paste 'osdefs.inc' to the rtl directory it finds it ok, but then there's hundreds of other .inc files it needs, and I can't copy paste them all :? . heh.

Erm... Ok. Now I'm trying to recompile all on a clean pc. Maybe I have missed a step ops:

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas
    Erm... Ok. Now I'm trying to recompile all on a clean pc. Maybe I have missed a step ops:
    My friends, I'm coming to recompile all from scratch on a W98 SE pc and all went fine...
    Downloading latest release (2.0.0, not 2.1.X) binaries and sources and following step-by-step my doc, I can't find errors

The only thing I could guess is that something goes wrong when you are making the new gba directory.
    Fist of all, you need to add c:\fpc\bin\arm-gba to your path (so you should have PATH=c:\fpc\bin\arm-gba;c:\fpc\bin\i386-win32;...;...). You should make a copy of fpc/source/rtl/linux directory (comprising all files inside it, of course) and remove only the files specified in my doc. After that you can add the files provided in the rtl directory of my package.
    In order to recompile the rtl you should go in source/rtl, do a 'fpcmake -Tall -r -w', do a 'make distclean', and 'make CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=gba PP=ppcarm OPT="-Tgba"'. If you want, we could do a "recompiling-fpc4gba irc session" so if you have doubts I could help in real time :mrgreen:

Now my question is: except me, someone other has been able to recompile all? :?: :mrgreen:

i've recompiled it once more now following your guide down to each simple step. Now i get it to compile however it just throws out a lot of assembler code and tells me that most of the instructions are unknown

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware
    i've recompiled it once more now following your guide down to each simple step. Now i get it to compile however it just throws out a lot of assembler code and tells me that most of the instructions are unknown
    Maybe because it calls wrong binutils. You should copy in bin/arm-gba all files in binutils directory of my package, then make a copy of these files and rename it, by placing arm-gba- before the name (eg. arm-gba-ld.exe). So, at the end of the story, your bin/arm-gba should contain these files:
    as.exe
    ld.exe
    objcopy.exe
    ppcarm.exe
    cygwin1.dll
    arm-gba-as.exe
    arm-gba-ld.exe
    arm-gba-objcopy.exe
    You should try to call "arm-gba-ld -V" from c:\. You should get
    Code:
    GNU ld version 2.15
      Supported emulations:
       armelf

oh it works now! i thought that the files with normal filenames should be renamed and not exist in their old names ops:

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware
    oh it works now! i thought that the files with normal filenames should be renamed and not exist in their old names ops:
    I'm happy to hear that
    Maybe that part of my tutorial is a little cryptic...

Now I'm working on smartlinking, in order to reduce file size.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast