Well I guess the cat is out of the bag now, so I can finally talk about it. I admit, I knew about the Rage 3D engine produced under Emperion Empire for a long time now, however I was sworn to secrecy so I couldn't tell a soul. :shhh:

But since the company went C++ only and one of it's main partners, Maarten Kronberger (aka McClaw) resigned and took the project with him to release as an open source project I can see no reason to hold my toung anymore. Mind you I was given some permission in my recent article to post screenshots for it.

The Rage 3D game engine is really an entire suite of 5 seperate engines built into one standard set of dll's and focuses on providing an easy development platform. Much of it remains incompleted, but as luck would have it, it is now open source and available to you the avid game developer for improvement, completion and/or updates and later bugfixes.

Rage 3D Engines:
<ul>[*]RageGL - Graphics Engine, and scene manager, based on OpenGL supporting the latest OpenGL 2.0 specifications[*]RagePhysics - Physics Engine expanding on newton dynamics dll[*]RageAI - As yet undefined Artificial intelligence engine.[*]RageAL - Sound engine, and audio library (Still under heavy design and development)[*]RageNT - Network engine[/list]

<center>Screenshots:
<table><tr><td width=200 align=center>[img]files/news/2005_12_04_rage3d1.jpg[/img]</td><td width=200 align=center>[img]files/news/2005_12_04_rage3d2.jpg[/img]</td></tr><tr><td width=200 align=center>[img]files/news/2005_12_04_rage3d3.jpg[/img]</td><td width=200 align=center>[img]files/news/2005_12_04_rage3d4.jpg[/img]</td></tr></table></center>

For more information or to help contribute to the Rage 3D game engine visit the Rage 3D Game Engine Page on Sulaco!