Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3rd PGD Challenge Questions

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by User137 View Post
    Another quick question, could the PGD challenge-related posts be shown on the frontpage's "latest forum topics" list?
    I think this is a great idea... I've added a recent posts box to the front page above the news. This will just show the latest posts about the challenge.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha Willems View Post
    I hope that my game idea (that I'm starting to love) qualifies for the rules... ...Would that be okay for the contest?
    Yeah that seems pretty legit to me. It would be interesting to see if you go contemporary or if you put a twist in there like some kind of other time period or a fantasy theme to it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Would a game where you have to push/shove/blow a character around using some force count as indirect control compared to direct direction movement, etc?

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Would a game where you have to push/shove/blow a character around using some force count as indirect control compared to direct direction movement, etc?
    On my opinion if theese forces are not fixed to the character itself but fixed to the world it would be.
    For instance: Fixed fann to blow your character away, water currents, etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Essentially yes, however as long as you are not just creating another protagonist character just to manipulate your intended protagonist. I made sure to specify that in the rules to prevent such thoughts.

However, blowing (from wind?) or pushing using say gravity and/or slopes and the environement it's self or perhaps some kinda device(s) (ala The Incredible Machine style of play could work)

...but of course you do need to have at least 1 protagonist character of some kind.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Speaking of The Incredible Machine (TIM), they are renewing that game by name Contraption Maker in Steam as early alpha version.

And as far as my self-programmed scheduling application tells, PGD jam has 13 days 5 hours left

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by User137 View Post
    And as far as my self-programmed scheduling application tells, PGD jam has 13 days 5 hours left
    Nice!

I can see that game becoming popular on touch screens for sure!

Well this is a quiet jam for sure... I'm guessing that everyone is heads down coding huh?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Well this is a quiet jam for sure... I'm guessing that everyone is heads down coding huh?
    I hadn't even tried doing an entry at this point, maybe I will try on my 7 days off in 3 days time LOL

I'm having hard time finding free time to work on my entry due to work and other real life related obligations.
    So I fear that story will reapeat and againg I will wind up with no entry due to running out of time.

Blog Entries
    FTP server is now up early for those that want to submit early or check your FTP software settings.

The FTP account information can be found in the original Rules thread: http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...-Your-Command!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast