Thread: 3rd Challenge entry - Futuristic rts game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think i run out of steam. AI and combat works though, and it is playable with musics and special effects. Video will come up soon, it's still uploading while typing this:

Aside from FTP upload, you can also test it from here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0x4rokfa95kldw/PGD_rts.zip (Updated link)

Start off with a few small extractors first, then more workers from factory. Extractors produce matter, and workers energy. Don't even try to build larger extractors at the beginning, you'll almost instantly run out of resources and all your production becomes nearly to halt. I could also say that the opponents build strategy is not quite perfect But at least it's trying... something.
    Last edited by User137; 14-09-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Downloading...
    No signature provided yet.

New in uploaded 1.1 version:
    - Musics rewind to beginning when starting new game with F1.
    - Done the Extractor animations and effects (wheel and crystal starts spinning, and there goes out a energy beam towards ground).
    - Made AI harder, by making it build stronger base economy.
    - Increased turret damage as they felt a little useless. They do have twice longer fire delay than other military units though. Land fighters shoot slightly faster than air units, but air units deal more damage especially to other air targets.

Blog Entries
    Wow looks great! I really like how they build the structures. Very pretty!

Please be sure to upload some videos (at least one would be great!) and any screenshots that show off the game well. I need those to help promote and increase interest in future PGD Challenge events like this one. Video uploading doesn't count towards your entry, it just helps me show off your game better.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder