Thread: View posts since last visit - BUG!

View posts since last visit - BUG!

I'm using this convenient link: http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...ch_id=newposts
    (too many forums exist to tack all new posts - this way it's mach easier ).

But starting this week (or previous) it's behaviour has changed: now it opens and lists messages correctly, but if I try to open link in new window I'm getting "No new posts since your last visit" page (and even no link to original topic). Currently "new posts" feature seems to work only if opening messages in current browser window.

Sorry, I have not tried to reproduce it (need new messages), but willing to provide enought info if requested. OS: Win XP SP2; Browser: IE 6.0.2900.2180 (SP2)
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

I think it's because once it has listed the posts since your last visit, it flags you as being up to date. Therefore when you open a new window, it's actually going back to the DB to find out if there are an new posts, but the DB has you flaged as being up to date. Not sure if WILL has changed anything in that respect though.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

No, seems each time new window is opened with forum page -> "last visit" field in DB got updated. So even opening first topic in new windows shows expected result, but opening one more new window results in "no new posts available".
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Clootie
    No, seems each time new window is opened with forum page -> "last visit" field in DB got updated. So even opening first topic in new windows shows expected result, but opening one more new window results in "no new posts available".
    I think this is usually how the standard "new posts" feature work on most forums. On our forums at afterwarp.net we use database tracking of unread posts, which although server extensive, is very accurate, but we don't use PhpBB, so I don't know what to suggest here.

Btw, it's fixed!
    Thank you, WILL!