Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The 2006 PGD Annual Game Development Competition

The 2006 PGD Annual Game Development Competition

As much as I wanted to participate, after talking with LPChip today we decided that we will most likely skip the contest since we have two pending projects, a commercial application and a game project underway. However, it's not definitive so things may change in nearest future.

Hi!

It is a nice competition with nice prices, sounds very good.

But I think we will not compete, because we have to finish our game first, this will keep us very busy until End of January or maybe February.

Then we will try to switch to 3D instead of 2D, and I think we won't have something to show in May, I think we would need much more time.

But I am looking forward to what you are creating

Firle

Blog Entries

Hmm... you know... if you don't mind having to catch up and missing the points for a few stages, you could still potentially compete. You still have a chance at something even if you don't win 1st prize... ?

Just a thought.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

lol :lol:

I would really like to compete and maybe I will just register, but you know we have to start from the scratch (no Omega anymore maybe) and use 3D with animated Models etc. If this works out of course.

I just don't believe we will have enough time to show something that is enough to compete, we have time from February (or later if I have to do some bugfixes after Commando Xenidis is out) to May, and we really start totally from the scratch.

In May we will have an animated X or whatever Model running around on a plain surface with a tree on it.
    Without Collision detection but with a shadow. If we get this far in May I would be glad, and I am not sure if it is enough for the competition, only if it is a large evil tree who heavily attacks our player, lol :twisted:

Firle

has one already posted at gamedev.net that de competition is actually going to start. (not that they actually care so much.. )

oh well forget this post. I will register, I have some good ideas but the chance that I will finish will be not very great. It all depends when the final deadline is, and how much spare time I can reserve for it.
    Marmin^.Style

I posted a message about the competition starting onto GameDev about a week or more ago and they still have not "approved" my news post! Maybe they don't like the competition .
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    I posted a message about the competition starting onto GameDev about a week or more ago and they still have not "approved" my news post! Maybe they don't like the competition .
    They have been very slow of late to post any news
    I'm out of my mind but please leave a message
    <br />www.sulaco.co.za
    <br />Rage 3D game engine

No, it's a problem with their spam filter. You'll have to send it again. (see gamedev.net site).
    Marmin^.Style

it's that, or mayby they dont want to post a new newsitem about it, because they already did some time ago.

Sunday, January 22, 2006
    2006 PGD Annual 'The Big Boss' Game Programming Competition Begins
    Posted by: Dominique Louis at 8:41:58 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's that time of year again, following on the success of the 2005 competition, the annual Pascal Game Development game programming competition is getting underway. For more information, visit this page.
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast