Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spam continues?

Spam continues?

Admins, can you please revise this thread and check whether it's spam or not. Because it looks like just a bunch of non-related links (wtf Sky News has anything to do with Borland Help files??!!) enough to improve their Google rating. It looks even more suspicious, since the posters are all guests.

Blog Entries

Spam continues?

It is spam. I have to take care of it still. And I'm going to look into reporting these events to their respective hosts as it is something I don't want to have to deal with regularly.

It's that or I could make only logged in members have the ability to post. Then I'd have to delete spammer accounts AND spam posts.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Spam continues?

This could very well be the same guy we had a few days ago.

Spam continues?

Why do these people bother?

Spammers should be put in small metal rooms...

with no electricity.
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

Spam continues?

or even better,.. manually delete all spam from Bill Gates' emailbox for the rest of their lives

Blog Entries

Spam continues?

If anybody needed the best SPAM filter in the world, it would be him.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Spam continues?

And MORE spam... last two posts here: http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...?p=17882#17882

Edit, this is so stupid... 3 now...

Spam continues?

Damn, Robert is right... check posts made by non-registered users there!

Also, this thread has been spammed too.

Perhaps you should prohibid anonymous posting for now.

Edit: They are probably affiliates of CNN, but spam links to CNN tell a lot of the company itself...

Spam continues?

I've just deleted [size=18px]62 items of spam[/size] posted within the last 12 hours :evil: We've been visited by Richard Armstrong, Zachary Armstrong, Peter Armstrong... I wouldn't be surprised if Grandma Armstrong, Neil Armstrong, all the little Armstrong's and even Buzz Aldrin started posting from the moon :roll:

If I find any more I might just replace the text with the spammer's IP address and a 'Spammer here ->' link :twisted:

Seriously though, member registration is set to 'Admin approved only' and I'm disabling guest posting until we can get together and decide how to deal with this.

I think we need more moderators too.

Thanks for your continued support on this and please do keep posting here if you find spam it makes our job a lot easier.

I'll arrange a meet with Savage and WILL and we'll decide on the best course of action

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast