Quote Originally Posted by K4Z
In most Art websites, a programmer will ask for an artist, and most of the time the project will fall through, or the artist leaves (Myself included).
I like how PGD combines programming with other aspects of game development, all in the one community. Instead of working for a programmer, I've been able to work closely with a programmer.
Your point is valid... in different context . Working closely with a programmer means communicating with the programmer, discussing the work, see how it is being used, talk about it and so on, but... it has nothing to do with PGD!.

You know, you can work closely with a programmer via E-mail too and you can even do it on any forums. For instance, when working with LPChip (he mostly tracks music) we *always* worked closely on most our projects (in fact, we *run* Afterwarp Interactive together!) via MSN Messenger!

It's when you separate the other parts of game development from the programming, when projects more easily fail.
Are you suggesting that if PGD removes "Graphics" section, most projects made by PGD members will fail?

All in all, every website questions it's exact purpose, and PGD has had a few of these types of threads before.
Perhaps the best action would be opening a public poll where everyone can vote about it.