Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower
...means communicating with the programmer, discussing the work, see how it is being used, talk about it and so on, but... it has nothing to do with PGD!.

You know, you can work closely with a programmer via E-mail too and you can even do it on any forums...
Yes I know, I have 500+ seperate gmail convos, and 50+ PMs to prove it. But PGD easily encourages teams to share there progress, and recieve valuable input from the community, a nice place to centralize a (whole) project.
But my point there was that most websites make the members of the Resource\Request sections out as Tools To Be Used When Needed, rather than valuable workers\team members.
No artist is really going to just hang around a programming specific forum doing nothing, waiting just to be used. And not give there 100% because they aren't really part of the team, more the outsider who provides the visuals.

Are you suggesting that if PGD removes "Graphics" section, most projects made by PGD members will fail?
No, I'm saying if you seperate the parts of the development (e.i into multiple websites\communities), the communication becomes hindered, and in turn a lower success rate on a project.

However, this is project forum (bound to specific project) and not a public forum (bound to Pascal Game Development community). Don't you think there is a big difference?
I don't fully understand that, isn't PGD both?

---

All I'm saying is that PGD should keep reconition for all aspects of game development (Ofcource all parts can't have exactly equal share). Programming would have to stay the majority, to keep the balance, but you can't just ignore the other 70% (or so) of development untill it suits you.

:joker: