Thread: Adobe Aquired Macromedia

Blog Entries

Adobe Aquired Macromedia

I'm not sure if you guys have noticed this, but this last December Adobe hadjust bought Macromedia. If you don't believe me go to the Adobe site and read for yourself! Click!

This is something that I think will have a rather large impact on many of the commercial internet technolgies deployed on the web. What do you guys think the outcome will be?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Adobe Aquired Macromedia

Damn! Not a very good news to me. :?

[size=9px]I generally try to avoid using Adobe products because they don't respect system resources much, but I do use Macromedia products a lot. [/size]

Adobe Aquired Macromedia

Yes...I'm a supporter of Macromedia, I own just about every product they have released, and use most every single day.

I don't really like much of Adobe's products (Most have been poorly ported, and as Lifepower said, don't handle resources very well). I'd say a good percentage of Adobe's products are useless, however, they do make really good imaging software, like Photoshop, Illustrator and Image ready.

So, I don't know to feel about the acquisition :fuzzy:, Adobe could do wonders with products such as Flash, Director and Fireworks, but at the same time could just as easily destroy them. :?

Just have to wait and see what comes out of this. :|