Thread: Searching for a book (old one) about making games in Pascal, written by a woman

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    I know of an old tutorial for making platform games using DelphiX components written by Alexander Rosendal (aka Traveler) way back when. They were pretty good. I even used them for my first platformer project. I can't seem to find it online anymore. He did give me permission to republish it on PGD, but that was a while ago and I can't recall if I ever got a local copy. He may have it on a disc somewhere if it's of interest.
    Was the turotial about making space shoter, focusing mostly on implementing gamestates and working with sprites?
    If it is then I can tell you that I have a local copy of it somewhere

Well,

there was a Space shooter in it or kinda... but there was a very detailed guide about writing a platform game in it...with editor included and everything... the main thing is the idea how she did it , great ideas....old code, but I need the idea for the editor, because I will redo the editor this time in full screen without using the VCL , only pure Asphyre.

If I remember correctly it was a Woman and her husband.

The guide went into great detail about creating the Sprite Editor, the map editor, the engine itself... and it was and probably is available online as a scanned copy of the published book, with source code everything...but I was stupid enough to loose the link #@!#@!

Greetings
    Robert

Found it, my memory does not server me right.... it is in C...but still the ideas are great.

http://www.fastgraph.com/makegames/sidescroller/

Diana Gruber