Thread: Searching for a book (old one) about making games in Pascal, written by a woman

Searching for a book (old one) about making games in Pascal, written by a woman

Hi everyone,

I've lost the link for this one, but there is a book rather old but great ideas inside for making a game , platform game in pascal, only thing I know it's writing by a women, lots of examples included.
    I know that when the book was released it caused a lot of positive/negative response from the people back in the days...

If anyone knows the name of the book by only this, please reply.

Greetings
    Robert

Blog Entries
    I've never heard of that one. Any further details? Colour of the cover, what her name started with? Any more details?

I know of only and have this one: http://www.amazon.com/Graphics-Progr.../dp/1556226373

I know of an old tutorial for making platform games using DelphiX components written by Alexander Rosendal (aka Traveler) way back when. They were pretty good. I even used them for my first platformer project. I can't seem to find it online anymore. He did give me permission to republish it on PGD, but that was a while ago and I can't recall if I ever got a local copy. He may have it on a disc somewhere if it's of interest.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    I know of an old tutorial for making platform games using DelphiX components written by Alexander Rosendal (aka Traveler) way back when. They were pretty good. I even used them for my first platformer project. I can't seem to find it online anymore. He did give me permission to republish it on PGD, but that was a while ago and I can't recall if I ever got a local copy. He may have it on a disc somewhere if it's of interest.
    Was the turotial about making space shoter, focusing mostly on implementing gamestates and working with sprites?
    If it is then I can tell you that I have a local copy of it somewhere

Well,

there was a Space shooter in it or kinda... but there was a very detailed guide about writing a platform game in it...with editor included and everything... the main thing is the idea how she did it , great ideas....old code, but I need the idea for the editor, because I will redo the editor this time in full screen without using the VCL , only pure Asphyre.

If I remember correctly it was a Woman and her husband.

The guide went into great detail about creating the Sprite Editor, the map editor, the engine itself... and it was and probably is available online as a scanned copy of the published book, with source code everything...but I was stupid enough to loose the link #@!#@!

Greetings
    Robert

Found it, my memory does not server me right.... it is in C...but still the ideas are great.

http://www.fastgraph.com/makegames/sidescroller/

Diana Gruber