Thread: "Snapped" form resize like in Delphi 7 Object Inspector

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Everything looks almost perfect, now i need a bit help with some math.
    I have 992 tiles, tiles are all 64x64 pixels, and lets say i have grid on form which has 12 columns and 8 rows visible.

12 * 8 = 96 tiles are currently visible.

How can i calculate how many columns (and rows) are needed for the rest of the tiles?
    I mean calculate the needed rows / columns for all of the tiles by also counting in current col- and rowcount?

Whats the proper math?

I tried something like:
    Code:
    kgrid1.ColCount:=992 div kgrid1.rowCount;
    But it doesnt work very well. Last tiles are not drawn sometimes and sometimes they are.

Column count can change and same with row count. Because user can resize grid (actually the form).

Thanks for any tip.

I don't understand why you need to count that in the first place. When you have a tilemap, you should already know how many rows and columns it has. I'll take a guess it's 31x32 because that makes 992 And yes, 992 div 31 = 32, or 992 div 32 = 31, working in both ways. The problem with rendering does certainly not come down to this math, but other code error.

Thanks. You are right.

I just had to initialize colcount / rowcount.

And remove that, because its useless now:

kgrid1.ColCount:=992 div kgrid1.rowCount

It works fine. I still have few things to make, but its too late atm, gtg to sleep.
    And yesterday i also added a "nice feature" that moves scrollbars away from tiles.
    Otherwise the grid scrollbars would hide some of the tiles. But i just made the form bigger, by getting scrollbar width/height from windows and passing it to my code.
    I later will show it.

Btw just one more question:
    I have currently dynamic 2D array, called tilesheet of integers, i set its length according to numcols and numrows. And then i do:
    Code:
    KGrid1.CellPainter.Canvas.Draw(R.Left, R.Top, sty.getTile( TileSheet[ARow , ACol ]));
    sty.getTile just waits for the tile_id (integer).

Is it possible to draw all these tiles (992) without that "tilesheet" array?
    Last edited by hwnd; 14-09-2013 at 12:57 AM.