Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New PGD Judges Specs updated...

New PGD Judges Specs updated...

According to the rules, judging for stage two is pretty much did you get your files in on time. If you did then you got 5 points, if you didn't you got 0 points. Savage posted that only twenty teams managed to make the stage 2 deadline, but of course missing a deadline doesn't put you out of the running .

Quote Originally Posted by jdarling
    According to the rules, judging for stage two is pretty much did you get your files in on time. If you did then you got 5 points, if you didn't you got 0 points. Savage posted that only twenty teams managed to make the stage 2 deadline, but of course missing a deadline doesn't put you out of the running .
    doesnt mean everyone met the goals though

Quote Originally Posted by jdarling
    but even if u submitted something, and didnt meet any goals, you could get 0 points!

Quote Originally Posted by tux
    have the judges started judging stage 2?
    Yes the judges have begun looking that the stage 2 entries.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

When will the judge scoring on Stage 2 be announced?

I'm waiting for Eric's scores before I post anything.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Ohhhww, can't wait

Hurry Eric!

Sent this morning! Sorry for the delay ops:

I'm sure his expectations will be higher then most
    Dunno about my expectations, but I've brought judges hardware specs higher than most

Doesn't mean you have to aim for the latest trend in graphics or multicore technology, but if some teams want to aim high-tech, there will be hardware capable of running the games with those high-quality options activated.

Smile, initially I believe he was entered for the competition, but has since agreed to be judge.
    Had to admit free-time defeat :?
    Last year's PGD competition chanced to overlap with one month of high free time, didn't look like it would happen this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Doesn't mean you have to aim for the latest trend in graphics or multicore technology, but if some teams want to aim high-tech, there will be hardware capable of running the games with those high-quality options activated.
    Well, I know for mine the hardware requirements are quite minimal. In fact I got a version working last night that could run on Windows 95 in GDI mode at about 65 fps. So I'm happy thus far. Now if I can just figure out how I want to wrap up my Sprite and Object Objects for LUA I'm set and it will be content from here out.

- Jeremy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12