Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pop the balloon

Pop the balloon

Hehe,.. this is a peaceful game Alimonster :lol:

A new version has arrived

I have placed a new version of the game at my website.

New things in this version:
    - brand new graphics
    - a new explosion system
    - a new timer system: now timebased instead of framebased
    - a nuke option which can be used to pop all balloons at the screen (1x).
    - speed optimizations, it should run a lot smoother now...
    - a different mouse pointer
    - a menu
    - a bigger screen 800x600
    - an extra lift off place. 7 instead of 6
    - various bug fixes

This is turning out to be a very interesting project. Especially because, up until now, I never had a project (they usually don't get to this stage )which is beeing tested by so many people.

The bugs and ideas you are all providing show many interesting points. Things I would have never thought of if I was doing this (production+testing) all by myself. I thank you all... :!:

Pop the balloon

Make the people swear if you shoot them. It may not be a clean headshot with a railgun but I bet it would sting for a while! (Here's the direct link to the game).

Don't mind me - I'm just used to excessive violence in my games.
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

Pop the balloon

you don't have a siemens cellphone in you pocket have you?

but I've to admit that your game is cooler.... controlling a curser with numkeys is a pain!

-lith
    programming is more than copy and paste!

Pop the balloon

Cool game.

I found a 'feature', where if you click outside the window it pauses the game, giving you time to manoeuvre the cursor to the next balloon before it goes off the screen.
    [size=10px][ Join us in #pgd on irc.freenode.net ] [ Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe ][/size]

Pop the balloon

Thanks for the coments

Alimonster: I'll think of something nice for you

lithander: hehe, I don't even have a cellphone, let alone a siemens

Useless Hacker: This 'feature' as you are describing it is new to me, and which (again) I cannot reproduce. I can only pause the game by hitting F3. To be honest, I don't have a clue on how to solve this thing :cry:

The next version of the game is going to be released a bit later as I'm giving priority to the platform tutorial I was also making.
    I really need to finish this thing now :?

Pop the balloon

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Useless Hacker: This 'feature' as you are describing it is new to me, and which (again) I cannot reproduce. I can only pause the game by hitting F3. To be honest, I don't have a clue on how to solve this thing :cry:
    The version I downloaded was the original one, maybe in the newer version it is fixed.
    [size=10px][ Join us in #pgd on irc.freenode.net ] [ Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe ][/size]

Pop the balloon

The version I downloaded was the original one, maybe in the newer version it is fixed
    Pfew, I was kinda hoping you were going to write that. I checked the older version and I did have that bug. It's been fixed in the 0.9 version. (Still need to do something about the F3(pause) matter, though)

Pop the balloon

The pausing is most likely caused by a timer with ActiveOnly set to true. This behaviour is a very good thing, though, and not a problem .

(I think the DelphiX timer has this behaviour, although I've only ever used what appears to be a modified version of it, so I can't be sure.)

EDIT: or maybe not, judging from the post immediately above this one :roll:
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

Pop the balloon

The pausing is most likely caused by a timer with ActiveOnly set to true.
    True, but the new 0.9 version of PtB doesn't use a timer anymore. So I was a bit worried when Useless Hacker mentioned the pausing thing...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast