You know... I think one of the worst things ever done in the computer world is to treat software development like a business.

Now that might seem like a sort of funny statement, but if you think about it... look at what is taking over all of these BIG company products? Open Source! :lol:

Open Source is not very business-like. It is not developed on a business frame of scope either. You don't worry about profits, quotas and expenses, etc... and look at all the successful things that are out there. Some are even better than the comercial equivelents. And I'm not talking about the fact that it's free. It is just a BETTER program and more capable of what you want. Not some office weenie that pushes virtual pencils and counts all the beans that the programmers, project managers and other team members get to play with.

Thats not every case, but it's sort of a pattern that you can see i many cases AND anyone can point to at least one commercial program and say the same about it.

It would be nice to see this "DevCo", as they call it become more in touch with the software side and less about the business fluff that Borland has gotten wrapped up in.