Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower
And you posted this because [...] ?
Someone asked for it.... Free Pascal developers are helpfull.

[quote="Lifepower"]
When you are developing an LCL application in Lazarus/FPC, the generated EXE (Win32) size is surprisingly big, especially if the application itself is rather simple (button + edit box). Of course, you enable smart]

You were claiming that FPC generates multi-megabyte executables. I said that is due to inexperience of you. I was right, because we're now talking about 1 megabyte.

When you want to compare executable sizes you must configure the compiler into a configuration suitable for release exes. Otherwise no comparison is possible. That is true for any compiler. You should know that, if you don't that is lack of knowledge on your side.

You cannot claim FPC is usuable because it generates multi-megabyte executables. You can claim Delphi has an advantage here because a 400k executable is smaller than the 1014k executable from Lazarus, that is telling the truth. You can go smaller by changing the optimalisation options and recompile the FCL/LCL, propably to around 900k, but that is irrelevant for the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower
Basically, with a lot of effort, you get an oversized application when compared to its Delphi counterpart. If you find a way to create smaller LCL applications - please post it. Just don't go again for Linux-based apps as you continuously do, since Delphi and any other Win32 executable won't run there, unless you use WINE, as Savage said.
That is stupborn. If I say the in size between Linux and Windows is nihil, then it is so. Compile the MSGUI app I gave you, the exe is as big as on Windows. Indeed, Delphi applications don't run under Linux, but you are reversing it: That is a problem for Delphi, not for FPC.

Lastly, the LCL is has little to do with games. This site is about games. It would be more appropriate to compare the sizes of JEDI-SDL applications.