Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi
Its this 'on-going stuff' that is the problem. In your stereotypical RPG, you don't have levels as such, so I'm guessing something as simple as 'Area Completed' will do.

I saw Will's post about this topic and figure we'll be ok providing we tell the user they have completed the area, before they go onto the next. But I'd still like official clarification that what we have planned is acceptable, so I'll explain how its going to work....

You start on planet X... you complete certain tasks, when they are all complete, you blast off, effectively completing the planet. At which point, context switches and instead of being a character running round, you are a spaceship flying round. Goto the next planet, complete the tasks there and so on until you reach the end of the game. You will have missions in the space zones too.

Judges and rule makers.... in this scenario, for the level exit criteria, is it sufficient to simply present the user with a message 'Planet Completed'?

Sorry for dragging this point out a little, but I'm sure we're not alone in wanting to be absolutely sure we don't blow points because of a simple misunderstanding of the rules.
I sure hope thats enough, as in my game you simply get a "Quest Completed" message and then have to return to the normal map and find the next quest on the list of things to do (of course you could always complete them out of sequence or even finish w/o completing all of them).