Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PowerDraw vs Omega

PowerDraw vs Omega

Ok, I decided to use PowerDraw
    I'm gonna give it a try, I've been with it today and seems quite good.

Anyway, I heard that version 1.4 could be used with DelphiX and can be used for alpha and transparencies accelerated by hardware.
    As I don't see any information about this in the PowerDraw page, could you please tell me what is it really capable of and if it is better to change all code from DelphiX to PowerDraw3 (instead of DelphiX and PD 1.4). What I really need is alpha and transparencies.

thank you, and good work!

PowerDraw vs Omega

PowerDraw v1.4 was made for the purpose you're talking, yet it's no longer supported and there are some cases it doesn't work (for instance, on some machines I've seen that no sprites appear at all) - back then I had no time to fix that problem and now it's no longer matters.

PowerDraw vs Omega

I've looking into PowerDraw3 code, but I'didn't see any collision detection. Does it have collision detection between sprites?

PowerDraw vs Omega

The PowerDraw pre-release 3 had no pixel level collision detection, since Object Engine wasn't fully functional. What's more, it's Object Engine had sneaky bugs (whoops! ). Right now I'm rewriting a game, Humberto Andrade made to make it easy-to-read and it uses Object Engine... and yes, the version I'm going to release soon (PowerDraw 3.0 full) has pixel level collision detection. I could release PowerDraw pre-release 4 about a week ago with fixed Object Engine and some Software Renderer fixes, but I'd rather focus on making final version. Also, I've seen a tutorial on pixel level detection in PowerDraw, here on DGDev in Tutorials section - you might take a look (although there's a lot of code).

PowerDraw vs Omega

Yes, I've been looking into the code. It's a lot of code, yes (anyway doesn't seem very hard to understand).

But.. when you say pixel level collision you're talking about pixel checking collision? I mean.. does it have at least a "bounding box" collision detection??

PowerDraw vs Omega

Bounding Box collision detection is just an "IF" which checks if coordinates are in range (OverlapRect function). Another collision detection - distance between two points - just an SQRT. Pixel level detection is not that simple, it needs to be optimized for speed; hopefully, we've been working on that... it WILL be in final release.

PowerDraw vs Omega

And.. does PowerDraw have bounding box collision detection? (in actual version. This was my questions, but I didn't explain myself very well, sorry)

PowerDraw vs Omega

As I said, Bounding Box collision is made with OverlapRect routine, so you can say that PowerDraw has it. Talking about Object Engine - think of it, as it doesn't have it, since it's buggy and doesn't work (setting Xpos of an object gives stack overflow ops: ). If there's interest, I might upload fixed Object Engine... you'll still need a good example though on how to use it (unless you're wiling to experiment by yourself), which is under development now...

PowerDraw vs Omega

Do I have to always include the 'dll' with my game or I can just include all the source into my game which can lessen the dep?
    Yo~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12