Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [D3D] possibilities and techniques concerning 2d

[D3D] possibilities and techniques concerning 2d

All 2D stuff went away in DX9. So you have to use meshes and vertext shaders along with other 3D tricks to get a 2D environment. I hate to say it, but you would get more support on GameDev.net in the 2D forums when it comes to DirectX then you will here. Very few people here understand the under the hood aspects of DirectX and what they have changed in 9 and 10 (I'm not one of them).

Your problem with OpenGL 1.1 was not a GLScene issue, its a driver issue on your PC. You have an outdated old version of OpenGL installed. The question has been answered about 1000 times on the GLScene NG and FAQ, as well as many writeups about the "Fix". GLScene requires at least OpenGL 1.1 or above due to shaders and graphics card specific optimizations that Eric has taken the time to put in place. Same as a DirectX 9 application won't run on DirectX 8 (if its developed properly according to M$).

- Jeremy

[D3D] possibilities and techniques concerning 2d

Thanks! Well, anyway I made workaround for dynamical image processing of textures... I'm using TBitmap and streams, haven't found anyone else using this. It's fun I have a bunch of routines I made last century in Turbo Pascal, and are still valid for image processing in DX9. I have fast line procedures, fast curves, and even filter algorithms using matrices (blur, etc). If someone wants those TP units just ask me, those are my open source contribution.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12