Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with DrawAlpha

Need help with DrawAlpha

Hi everybody!

I'm developing a shoot 'em up style game with UnDelphiX v6 (The one on turbo.gamedev.net, top of the list). If I turn the 3D acceleration on, then the alpha blended pictures that I draw loose their single-colour transparency at some places. I've tried it on more PCs, and I've tried in Fullscreen 16 and 32bit mode and Windowed 24bit mode as well. The result is that same.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Or any new UnDelphiX version coming maybe?

It's crapped here:

It's working well here:

The only difference between the way the two shield objects are used above (At least that I've noticed), is that the lower ship's shield is firstly loaded to a TBitmap, flipped there then loaded to the Surface with .LoadFromGraphic. Although I've tried loading the above ships' shield with a TBitmap and .LoadFromGraphic, but the bug was still present.

Need help with DrawAlpha

It's not so much about version but how you use it. Have you enabled acceleration? That means do3D, doHardware and doDirectx7Mode enabled.

Need help with DrawAlpha

Well, my question almost started with "If I turn the 3D acceleration on"...

Blog Entries

Need help with DrawAlpha

Hi Speeeder, welcome to PGD and nice screenies!

I recommend checking out the turbo site for the lastest version of UnDelphiX by Jaro as it has been updated to include hardware acceleration on top of the other updates that allow the use of DirectX 8.1 and I think DirectX 9 aswell.

It will help up the performance of your game if you are having speed issues using the alpha effects.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Need help with DrawAlpha

Will:
    I'm developing a shoot 'em up style game with UnDelphiX v6 (The one on turbo.gamedev.net, top of the list). If I turn the 3D acceleration on
    Speeder, you might want to be sure it's the same as this one, which was recently released: http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...pic.php?t=3092

Blog Entries

Need help with DrawAlpha

oopsie sped past that one.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Need help with DrawAlpha

Weeell... I'm quite sure it's the latest UnDelphiX... I've taken it from Turbo some time ago, it wrote UnDelphiX v6, so I would guess it's the one on the forums as well... Also there is some blahblah, about that hardware acceleration in the readme, so yeeeaah... Hardware accel is also on, as I've seen speed increase when I tested some bigger rotation + alpha thing... Whatever. Point is that it's doing what the above pictures show. I'm using TDirectDrawSurfaces and I draw with DXDraw.Surface.blahhh. The shield images are using the exact same image, and as I said I only flip the one below. erm, I'm drawing them on a little different places of the program, but as far as I can remember, there are only simple .Draw methods between the two places. And, well, this is a tiny bit annoying, cuz I wanted to make alpha blended warp holes too etc, so it kinda sucks in software Oh, yea! And both pictures were taken in hardware accelerated mode.

Will: thanks for the welcome, and those screenies are crap, the game is very much prettyer with a proper background and some objects flying around Hehe, test map ^^

P.S. Yes, it works perfectly in software. And yes, I've noticed the forum post that says that the single colour tranparency can be crap on some display but damnit, it's working on the below one

Need help with DrawAlpha

Mkay, I take the upper back... I've used UnDelphiX 1.05, don't ask how I managed not to know, I don't know myself... Anyway, thing is that I've installed 1.06, it works just as well in software mode, and if I turn on hardware mode (well, do3D at least...) the screen gets like this:

Guess this version can't really cut out a part of the source image to draw (even tho those warp holes ARE cut... Strange...). And can't draw system-memory stored things... Orwhat... So I guess it's back to 1.05 However point is that it seems to actually work well, at some place, while it doesn't at some other, so I'd mainly like so ideas about what could cause the program to ignore the trasparency here and not there...

Need help with DrawAlpha

Now that's goofy! :think:

It could be your drivers, video card ... otherwise we need Ijcro to take a peek at this. I've never used DelphiX. I Use Asphyre.

Need help with DrawAlpha

I have an ATi Radeon 9700 card with the Omega Drivers based on the latest ATi Catalyst drivers. I would think it's perfectly alright

Ijcro, where are yoooouuuu?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast