Quote Originally Posted by cairnswm
I believe this is because of all the sites I know PGD seems to have the most people actually doing some work on making games instead of just talking about it.
If that is true, how come we dont see any evidence of it. I mean we all know the benefit of showing work to others.
The way I see it is that noone bothers post because they dont expect any feedback anyway. It could be seen as a waste of time. (and yes please do prove to me that I'm wrong )
I can understand that judges aren't commenting on work other than what has been submitted for deadlines. But surely everyone else has a few moments to spare to write something?

My look and feel has not changed since Stage 2 of the contest. All the happenings are in the background - getting AI working etc - so new screen shots would have been meaningless.
Now there's an argument I can live with. I've had the same thing for quite some time as well. In fact, up until right after the 5th stage my entry hasn't change a whole lot, graphically speaking.

I find a contest of 3 months WAY too long. I lost interest in my entry about 2 months ago - now I have to force myself to finish it.
No offence but, I find it odd that you blame the level of interest in your entry to the timeframe of the contest. Three months to work on a game is not a whole lot in general. Especially if you only have a couple evenings and the weekends to work on it.

I'm sorry for being so negative in my last 2 posts, but I kinda hoped this contest would have been a good starting point to increase activity on PGD, but that didn't happen. I really fear the worst for the coming months. With summer being on our doorsteps and the end of the competition this sunday, I'm afraid we're entering an even darker period of PGD.