Some of the new features are:
* Enhanced software rasterizer: 32 bit rendering, dynamic lights, more materials (Thx to Thomas Alten!).
* Support for the Code::Blocks IDE
* Microsoft .dll hell awareness (no more abort and 'd3dx9_xx.dll not found' messages), Irrlicht will also operate if some of these dlls can not be loaded.
* Better support for orthogonal rendering and drawing to foreign windows, useful for creating 2D games, editors and 3D tools using Irrlicht.
* Improved Irrlicht.NET (root scene node, view frustrums, bounding boxes, ...)
* More precise picking
* gcc 4 support
* Bugfixes, other small implemented feature requests