Thread: OpenGL: Texture coordinate generation for terrain

OpenGL: Texture coordinate generation for terrain

I've been working on some deformable terrain code and I'm having trouble with the texture coordinates, I just can't wrap my head around this one.

Whatever I do the textures are stretched too much.

What would be the best way for texturing the terrain anyway? First I thought about using 3D textures, but the textures are quite difficult to manage as you should be able to have any texture blended with any other and I'd like to use the same textures for the terrain and for some objects too.

Then there's the GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, might have a go with this one too.

Now I'm trying to do the texturing just with the plain old multitexturing technique...

Any ideas?
    If you develop an idiot proof system, the nature develops better idiots.

Blog Entries
    Some random spam brought my attention to this very old post. Did you ever resolve this or does anyone have feedback at this point for vgo's issue?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Some more random spam that needed to be removed brought me here too, and its quite rare for questions to go unanswered here on PGD...

VGO: I doubt its still any concern and I suspect the issue is solved now but for completions sake, if you mean modifying the texture as it is deformed an FBO would do nicely with an array of distortion points and values could work...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.