Rockets now don't do damage to vehicles through walls anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
It seems that the seams only show up on specific road segments; corners, T-sections(3-way) and ones that are under walls
I am aware of this graphical issue. It is related to antialiased textures. I will try to fix it.

:arrow: I noticed that that cool hydrolic movement with the player's turret that the rocket (when you get it) does not move with your tank's turret, but the tank's hull it's self.

An easy fix I'm sure...
Yes, this should an easy one

:arrow: This was kind of annoying and worth pointing out. Collision with other tanks is a bit off. Here shows how close I wasn't passing them on the road, I should have been able to slip by, but I actually magically bumped into them instead. :x
:arrow: Reverse/Forward control glitch: I almost forgot about this one. It's kind of minor, but I noticed sometimes --comes up when trying to manuver your tank in intense fighting-- when I'm holding down the forward key and press a key to turn(either left or right) and hold it, then I release the forward key and press the reverse key while still holding the turnning key, it will then continue to move forward even though I've changed directions. Same thing can happen when I go from reverse to forward.
I will do some further work on my whole collision system. It was implemented "quick" and "dirty" due to lack of time in the compo. It will get a complete remake for the IGF

The reverse/forward issue is related to collisions, too. I don't think that the direction keys have something to do with it. It happens when you collide with objects (internally the tanks velocity/speed is reversed to let you bump, there is a bug in this functionality)

:arrow:/:idea: Lastly... the 'dirt' that you get from the tank's treads will be a little different depending on what type of ground you are on. No dust on paved roads.

And it would be best if you can change the colour of the dirt depending weither you are on the grass or dirt.

Types of dust/dirt trail based on ground + conditions

Sand or Dirt (without rain): Dust
Grass or Mud or Dirt (with rain): Dirt/Mud (Darker than the Dust)
Paved Road or Stone Ground (without rain): Nothing
Paved Road or Stone Ground (with rain): Small Water Spray

Snow on Mud or Grass: Dirty Snow
Snow on Roads or Stone Ground: Just Snow

I think that covers it... only about 4 or 5 types of particles/'dust-trail' effects required to do this idea fully.
Nice idea and quite easy to implement I think there will be enough time to include it for IGF version.

Hope these help. A bit detailed, but should get the situation exactly accross, I think.
Thank you very much for all this ^^ Feedback is exactly what I need to make Tanx a "nice" and enjoying game.

Greetings,
Dirk