Thread: DelphiX Transparency

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    New UnDelphiX should support alpha-channeled PNG images. It's propably over 3-4 years since i last used it and it worked back then. So you can have pixels which transparency is value anything from 0 to 255.

The glowy edge on images is propably caused by JPG saving? That format is never pixel-perfect, and shouldn't be attempted to use with transparency masks. You should really learn Gimp, it packs alot of possibilities and easily rivals best commercial software such as Photoshop.

I dont know of any animation software that uses single color
    It means that you have 1 solid color as background in that combined animation picture, that is often times fuschia or black. Even if animation software gives the picture a transparent background, you can add make it black yourself with Gimp for example. MsPaint does not support any kind of transparency unfortunately.
    Last edited by User137; 09-10-2013 at 12:06 AM.

I am still currently trying to get UnDelphiX to work with my game. I programmed an Isometric tiling engine with UnDelphiX and it worked fine, so I'll give it a try. I use bmp format for my graphics. And I use Toon Boom Studio 7.1 for NPC sprites cause it makes it easy to create animatios. Once the animationn is complete, I export the animation sequence to bitmap. I have tried black an fuschia, but it doesnt work. See the only time it works is if the outline of my chatacter has 1 color. Then transparancy is great. But I will try Gimp as you suggest. With Toon Boom Studio, my background is usually Fuschia.
    IF YOU'VE FAILED TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD, CREATE A GAME WHERE YOU CAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Proph3t View Post
    I am still currently trying to get UnDelphiX to work with my game. I programmed an Isometric tiling engine with UnDelphiX and it worked fine, so I'll give it a try. I use bmp format for my graphics. And I use Toon Boom Studio 7.1 for NPC sprites cause it makes it easy to create animatios. Once the animationn is complete, I export the animation sequence to bitmap. I have tried black an fuschia, but it doesnt work. See the only time it works is if the outline of my chatacter has 1 color. Then transparancy is great. But I will try Gimp as you suggest. With Toon Boom Studio, my background is usually Fuschia.
    Just to be absolutely sure, fuschia is $FF00FF. As said before, Gimp is The Tool you need to do your grfx and save to png format, best compression best results and never lose a bit of your sprites!

Quote Originally Posted by pitfiend View Post
    Just to be absolutely sure, fuschia is $FF00FF. As said before, Gimp is The Tool you need to do your grfx and save to png format, best compression best results and never lose a bit of your sprites!
    Thank you for te information! I will get Gimp next month, although I am way better at programming than drawing, but I will give it a shot
    IF YOU'VE FAILED TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD, CREATE A GAME WHERE YOU CAN.