Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Village Defense PGD edition

idee_fixe

Village Defense PGD edition

Traveler - I finally completed your game! I could get to level 13 or 14, but the last couple levels tripped me up. I was finally able to beat it using only 4 towers, and not a single orc got through! It's way more advantagous to upgrade towers instead of buying new ones.

Congratulations on a good game!

Thanks idee_fixe! I'm glad you like it.

idee_fixe

Update - Completed with 3 towers, and not a single orc got through! I got to level 13 with 2 towers, but I chickened out and built #3 just in case.

I was curious, is there some end sequence that I am missing? As soon as I beat the boss it says Level 16 wave approaching in... Is that right?

Anyway, fun game; I'd love to see more of it!

Hehe,.. you're becoming quite an expert already

I was curious, is there some end sequence that I am missing? As soon as I beat the boss it says Level 16 wave approaching in... Is that right?
    Nope, I'm afraid your not you're missing any ending sequence. That message should not have been there.

I'd love to see more of it!
    No worries,.. you will

Hey, Traveler

It is a very nice game You have made. I have managed to coplete it, although I an not as good as idee_fixe - ten towers or more and still some orks got through ops: The idea is excelent. I really enjoy playing it. (if ejoy is a good word for bitting nails and watching, will orcs pass my towers or not ). I only miss the ending sequence and that I cant distinguish which tower is upgraded to what level. Maybe upgraded towers should have different colors? Also is there any info on costs of towers and upgrades?

I dont know if you are planning to work more on VD, but I think it would be great if you add more villages - after defending one village player will be moved to defend another village. You can make next villages harder to defend by changing the road layout - making it less winding or adding another road, so enemy can attack from many directions.
    You could add some more defensive gadgets. For example some kind of barricades which can be placed on the road to slow enemy down for some time.

Once more, congratulations on excelent game.

Regards

K.

Re: Village Defense PGD edition

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    <center></center>

Here's my entry for this years competition. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Plans for the near future are to extend it (hence the pgd edition). I had a good time building it and I heavily regret I did not have enough time to improve certain features in this version.
    But, now that the competition is over and time is not so much an issue anymore, I've got the option to enhance current features, add new and bigger things, without having to worry about deadlines.

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you think of it.
    I will try when come to home.

Is Freepascal? DelphI? GlScene? DelphiX? etc...

Source will be available?

CHeers.

Thanks! And welcome back to PGD

I wrote this game with Delphi7 PE using openGL as a renderer and openAL for music/sound (note, you may have to install that before playing).

At the moment I have no plans for releasing source. Its likely that some of it may see the light of day in the form of a tutorial or code snippets, though. (the more interesting parts of the code, that is).

Grudzio, I'm sorry for not getting back to you earlier.
    Your comments are appreciated a lot and I definitely take them to heart.

Currently I'm in the process of updating my website. (No online changes yet though.) The whole site will be rearanged into something completely different, more focussed towards the VD game, less on other, old material.

Despite the bugs people have found in VD, I realize many enjoy playing it and want to see new features implemented. Different maps being the most mentioned of all.

I'm not sure when I'll begin again, with the new site in the works, World of Warcraft begging to be played, and WILL pulling my sleeve for the mug graphics (j/k). But rest assured, a new version will come.

But rest assured, a new version will come.
    All right So I am waiting for Village Defense II - Return Of The Horde :twisted:

Blog Entries

Hey so how is Village Defense coming along? I'm waiting for that cool multi/random road & layout idea version to be released.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast