Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .S.C.A.G.

.S.C.A.G.

tiny update:

http://necrodome.homeftp.net/Project...cag/SCAG33.jpg

Ufo replaced for a helicopter. (ufo is now boss for ep 2 - space)
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Blog Entries

.S.C.A.G.

Very cool! Love all the greens.

Btw, whats with the glitch on the 2nd set of shot missiles there? (a peice of the green trail it missing at the back end of the missile models)
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

.S.C.A.G.

That is where the particle emitter starts.... when moving you barely notice it.

.S.C.A.G.

OK...

I've just played SCAG (for the second time) and It's a fekin' brilliant game.

But it needs finishing. It's a little difficult though, I was quite impressed that I got to the Lava world. I think more health is needed or something.

It reminds me very much of Raptor from back in the day only yours is more fun. I got really stuck on Raptor, it had an insanely hard learning curve and didn't offer too much in the reward department.. after each mission, I felt drained.

Mate, keep going with this OK. It's a really good game with some really nice, novel ideas. Just needs that little extra bit of polish (oh and completely original music I lurve the current menu music and I was gonna ask who did it then I checked the credits )

Things that I think need tightening up..

1. Sometimes, the screen is Too busy. If I hold down the fire button I can pretty much survive, but the baddies are too keen on the fire button.

2. Some of the graphics could use an update (Hey, I'm no artist either.. but some environment mapping would be really nice) Some smaller, more detailed particles could be used. Visual cues as to when the baddies are going to fire.

3. The boost option is really annoying. I hit more asteroids because of the boost than anything else. The movement should be predictable. The boost should be on another button I think. Then at least you know you're gonna jump.

4. More powerups. Give more health more often. If the player is low on health, make baddies pop out health upgrades. Also, if you kill a sequenc eof baddies, give a money bonus or something I noticed you did that on the asteroid level.. that was nice.

The UFO baddie on the 2nd mission was a work of art. I just got into the feel of dodge here, use my missiles from the side.. oh yeah.. this is gonna be easy.. Then the camera panned and he started to use that dish ray-gun on me.. I wasn't expecting that, I suddenly went from feeling in control to feeling scared again.. Good work.

The Lava world needs tidying up a little.. it's too jaggy and shiny. Perhaps some bump mapping could be used.. or smooth out the terrain a little and add more interesting rocks. Perhaps make it so I have to dodge them.. have some exploding volcanoes in the background or something

Have some firebolts coming out of the ground. If you're into your shaders, you could add a heat haze and make everything wavey

I didn't get to the ice world. I died

I'm currently working through a massive change to Guns Reloaded and as a break (displacement activity) I played your game and it got me thinking. I remember in a previous post of yours that you say you need to get back into finishing SCAG.

I think you're doing an awesome job here and although I can't help, I can encourage.. now put down those cheesy poofs and get back to work

awesome stuff mate, seriously

.S.C.A.G.

Thanks for playing SCAG

However you played the old verions (the 4-map version)

1. We have more weapons now, should be easier to keep yourself alive!
    2. We have almost 12 (+ 1 bonus) maps, with some nice visual things. We do not use bumpmapping, but we updated some particles effects.
    3. True, boost needs a little control update
    4. Got that already...
    - About asteroids, we have more of them

About the lava world, we could add some rocks etc.
    - exploding volcanoes, We got it already, however you don't see it exploding, but you have to dodge some stuff

Have some firebolts coming out of the ground. - Good idea!!

Sorry, not using any shaders

(Img to large to put here)
    http://necrodome.homeftp.net/zooi/UberGun.jpg
    http://necrodome.homeftp.net/zooi/Glow.jpg
    http://necrodome.homeftp.net/zooi/Bonus.jpg

.S.C.A.G.

Where can I get the one with more levels? is it the one that I can download of your site even though it only says 4 playable levels?
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

.S.C.A.G.

it's still in development coming soon...

.S.C.A.G.

Maybe the different sounds could be controled. I find that the weapons sound is too high, so I can¬Ąt hear the nice soundtrack. And because if the way the game works, I just keep firing non-stop =)

.S.C.A.G.

Yeah, yesterday we worked on level 1 so very soon it's finished (I hope this week as we really want to start with the next compo)

.S.C.A.G.

Yeah, we're still working on it...
    We are planning to release .S.C.A.G. in a commercial way. Also we are making a promo movie/teaser
    + we gonna make a nice demo so you can enjoy .S.C.A.G. 4 free !!

however we are also working on a new 3D engine witch would be "the next generation and i'm gonna beat Unreal Engine and CryEngine" (just kidding).

New 3D engine is far better than the old one, but there's still a lot of work to do before we can show you some fancy eye candy!

a question for ppl who just see this: does anyone has any experience with shader code to make nice and fancy effects? (you may PM me)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123