Thread: DanJetX

Blog Entries

DanJetX

Over the past few months, there has been a rising interest in a new library called DanJetX by a guy named Dan. And just last weekend version 0.67 was released on the Dan Soft Studio website.

<center>
    (Click to enlarge!)</center>

<center>"Direct3D based component that makes working with Direct3D graphics much easier.
    Allows the developer to combine 3D and 2D graphics."
    </center>

This library is based off the DirectX 9 components and is fairly similar to other DirectX component packages such as Omega and Asphyre. It is said that if you are familiar with any of these 2 libraries than you will not have many problems with figuring out DanJetX.

[size=9px]You can find DanJetX aswell as examples and other projects at dan.mirg.ru![/size]
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

DanJetX

This is a great 3D component for Delphi!

It has a landscape class (possible result shown in the screen), can use some 3D primitives and meshes also animated meshes, has lots of samples also a FPS sample, landscape sample etc.

Easy as Omega but for 3D, great stuff.

I am creating my new game using this component for 3D graphics.

It is very easy and you get impressive results.

I can only recommend to take a look at the samples

Firle

DanJetX

Right now I am working on my own project, working title 'The Innominate' using DanJetX. You can already run around in 3rd or 1st person view.

I will later add it to 'Your projects' with new screens and maybe a Tecdemo after I got some bugs fixed and some more graphics done.

See ya!

Firle

Blog Entries

DanJetX

Hey not bad. The graphics kinda remind me of a game I used to play called Myth.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder