Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DELPHIX Problems. Need help with multiple problems

DELPHIX Problems. Need help with multiple problems

ahh forget it....i just goin through the problems as they arrive...and they just keep on arriving hahaha

Luckliy most of the questions are being answered in 1 way or another

Here is another.

Played my game on 2 machines. 1 a pentium 4 the other a crap pentium 3. Both computers running my game at 50 and 2% full speed respectively. bad graphics cards that is true, is this maybe because of no hardware acceleration support....

Should I be experiencing this kind of slow down when playing game on low end g. card?

ahh just to clarify:

If I use dxSpriteEngine1.Move(lagcount); this will make sure that the game will play at correct speed regardless of cpu etc?

Sorry for being useless but another thing,

I have sorted movement of the main player using 1000/lagcount(which gives refresh rate?) as I am allowing vsync this changes. So I use dxSpriteEngine1.Move(lagcount); and then lagcount is passed to movecount. Now, heres the trouble. I can sucessfully make the player move at the exact same speed regardless of refresh rate using 1/refreshrate*pixels_to_move_a_sec.

That seems to work. Sadly the animation speed changes. I need someone to explain to me exactly how dxSpriteEngine1.Move(lagcount); works i need game to work at right speed regardless of refresh rate and cpu but at same time using dxtimer

Further small research I have figured the following: correct me if i am wrong.

a. Move(lagcount) will pass the value of lagcount into movecount.

b. The value passed into move does not alter the speed of the object, the forumla inside the domove is what ultimately matters

c. move(lagcount) should skip frames if the cpu is slow?

D. If I want to move my character by 600 pixels a second regardless of CPU/frame rate, the following should theoretically work? - (600/1000)*lagcount

-----------
    I ahve also looked into the options of dxdraw but haven't found information regading:

Dohardware: I am assuming this should always be left true and is hardware acceleration

Doretained: ?

DoDirectX7: Why would I want this true?

DoSystemmemory: Faster to use vid memory so alwasy keep this off I assume

Doallowpallettextures: ?

DoZbuffer: ?

Docentre:?

Dostretch?

Doselectdriver: probably best to stay on?

I am playing 2D game in non full screen, Do I still need do3d and doflip?

thanks.

Balloon game:)

Didn't want to start a new topic but....just tested your game traveller. Very nice.

Not got much playability with it, being a balloon game get bored easily but that isn't the point Great programming....

Bug found too, I got 71358 points and the game score reset to about 5000, suggest you use better variable for storing score?

Not bad at all.

Thanks!

IIRC there was a bug with the scoring system. Thought I had fixed it too.
    Oh well. I hope you'll find the code useful...

what about those last queries of mine above though yeah they prob are the last ones hahaha ops:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345