Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Subject 33 [Restarted]

Blog Entries

Subject 33 [Restarted]

Story/Plot: You wake up in some strange steel bunker. You don't know what happened to you of how you got here, but the splitting headache sure gives some indication. Your clothes are different... they're military fatigues if your not mistaken. Whats this 'SUBJECT 33' written on it?

Just when you thought your day was getting even stranger you step outside the bunker and have a look around. It's a bloody maze! Whats going on here?! You hear a very disturbing sound that suddenly stirs up fear.

Just as you start away from it, you see what looks like a robot come around the corner. Your jaw drops and you run like hell. You whip around the corner as it fires. He just barely missed you. You look over down this new corridor and what do you suddenly see? A weird looking hand gun!

That thing is still coming... no time for all these questions. You scoop up the odd looking 9mm pistol in your hand as you run by and make for cover somewhere down the hall. Just as the thing comes into your sights you fire off a few shots. *Bam!* The robot explodes as sparks fly off it.

Ok, you've never seen anything like that before. Being attacked by a robot and now a gun that fires fancy bullets? What is this sick place?!?! And how the hell can I get out of here?

Then you hear another one... more?! Just then it clicks 'SUBJECT 33', the maze, the robots, the gun... this is some sort of sick game! How can I get out of here? And... can I get out of here?

Same Project, Different Name: I have renamed the project to better suit the plot and disassociate with what this was originally. This game is no longer a clone of the 1982 video game called Night Stalker, it has in fact really taken form into something else. So it cannot be associated with it anymore. Plus, the final FULL version of this game will become a commercial game product. My very first.

I will however offer a shareware version for those to try it out before you purchase it.

The original thread for this project is located here.

FNX Games as signed up to become a part of it's production, mainly doing artwork and basic sprites. We still need a musician/sound guy.

Current Build is 7.9.6! (Next build you'll see the splash screen and name change.)

Project was canceled on June 26, 2007

Project was started back up on March 5, 2011
    Last edited by WILL; 10-03-2011 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Project status change...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Subject 33 [Canceled]

It could be your intention, but the executable is not stripped, making the download a bit larger than necessary. Is this why you wanted to cross-compile?

Subject 33 [Canceled]

Interesting idea,
    good luck Will

Subject 33 [Canceled]

Nice story and well written

But what happend to that other game you were making with k4z? We haven't any progress in months...

Anyway,.. I'll give this version a try when I get home.

Blog Entries

Subject 33 [Canceled]

dmantione: Hmm.. interesting. It sould have been that I just forgot to strip it. :scratch:

I'll have a look at that before releasing the next build though. I actually wanted to cross-compile because I only have the one machine (my laptop) and I wanted to make Linux and MacOSX versions. (and to make sure that my code allowed me to do so for later)

Thanks Dave and Alex!

Would you guys believe that I wrote that in about 15-20 mins? Yup! I already had the basic idea for the plot down, but the synopsis/intro was written up on the fly.

As for Cyber Crisis, it's still up there, but K4Z has gone missing and I'm waiting on some sprites and artwork to experiment more with the game engine. So I'm gonna complete this one in the meantime. Should be a lot simplier of a game to design and complete. Practice for releasing Cyber Crisis.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Subject 33 [Canceled]

Been playing with S33 a little lately... wow this is probably one of my more fun inventions.

Screenshots!

Field of View

Grabbing the Hand Gun

Firing the EMP Gun

Exchanging fire with a robot!

Just a little sample of what I've done with the game since all this time. Once I get back onto it, I'll likely add some things, plus make make the game map scrollable. I'm also strongly considering the GP2X platform that is now becoming supported by JEDI-SDL. So this might be the one remaining project that does not end up using OpenGL.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Subject 33 [Canceled]

I get a 404 error when attempting to download the latest build.

It's looking really good WILL! Could you maybe put something like a one shot shield in there? I tend to find a shot, they're really small, coming my way and have nowhere to run. At least, in the last version I did.

Blog Entries

Subject 33 [Canceled]

Thanks Robert!

I believe that I removed the file. If I can get some new graphics for the player(s) then I'll likely release an alpha for everyone to try out.

Lots of new stuff has been put into the game at this point. And despite it's simplistic visual design, it's quite sophisticated AI-wise...

Plus the gameplay is just bloody fun! :twisted:

The fog of war feature is looking to be a permanent feature now. Though I may add in access terminals that will allow you to reveal the map or view other areas via some camera or something...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Subject 33 [Canceled]

A profile for Subject 33 has been added to the Great Games Experiment site.

Subject 33 Profile
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Subject 33 [Canceled]

I am canceling Subject 33. This is for the same reason as I have canceled Cyber-Crisis. Content.

This was a great little project to help me work with A* and some other FSM AI, but to do a rather nice job of completeing the game it will rely on the one thing I cannot create. Content.

I'll be willing to send a copy of the source should anyone ask for it. It's a really neat base for any maze/80s style shooter should you want to make one...

PM or email at raproductions@hotmail.com if you're interested. (Email might take up to a week for response!)
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast