Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
Neat game...I found it a bit hard for some reason...I kept dying...

It didn't help that a couple of times the weapon I picked up was the bazooka and killed myself due to short range firing
Yeah I have that problem too some times. I might add a little bit of code in so that at least there is a sequence to the weapon or at the very least a gun appears at the start instead of a random weapon. So far an actual weapon will appear every 500 'game frames' until you collect one of those weapons then it'll instead bring up an ammo item of that weapon instead. However once you pickup the actual weapon it'll switch to that weapon, ala Doom style pickups, so you have to watch what you have selected before you start shooting too.

I've tried making 'open space' maps where you have 2x2 or bigger wall-less spots in the map and it seems to do funny things with the player controls and the Robot AI (more so the player in my last test). I was thinking of having such maps, but I'm starting to second guess it's need. Have you perhaps played with the map data at all to see what you can do? Might be easier to do when I make my map editor, but that might take a little bit of time. Whats your thoughts on that?