Thread: Subject 33 [Restarted]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey Jason,
    Nicely done! I love the tune

I did notice 1 or 2 volume changes (see the large spikes in the sound preview from the link you provided above)..I think if you could reduce that, then you have a winner for your game

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Yeah this was my cheap hack attempt at making music. I was suprise that my tinkering actually produced something half decent. As an aside, I've also taken to learning how to play the piano which may or may not allow me to compose something pleasant. ...we'll have to see.

Well if anyone has GarageBand and would like to have a try at remixing, I don't mind sharing creative control a wee bit for the fun of it. Just email me at team@garlandsquest.com and I'll send you the file to play with.

I'll have a look at the spots you mention...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Exciting update!

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...ull=1#post4902

Check out the Subject 33 Showcase website: http://www.redantgames.com/subject33/

The prototype (alpha) is being ported to Oxygene as I post this. It will be released for Android devices, the OUYA game console, Windows, Mac and Linux (all via Java RTE) and eventually iPads and iPhones.

20121008_205844.jpg
    This is the mock-up of the mobile version's touch GUI
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Paul has finally finished porting the Alpha prototype to Oxygene! (And it works great on Windows & Mac OS X so far) Rejoice, this is a fine day.

And to celebrate, here is a couple of videos showing the original game that inspired Subject 33...

...and because we love you guys, here is a latest screeshot of our WIP for Android, OUYA and eventually iOS.

Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    btw... Red Ant Games has a page on Facebook now. If you are on FB, you are invited to Like our page!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    btw... Red Ant Games has a page on Facebook now. If you are on FB, you are invited to Like our page!
    It's liked!

Blog Entries
    Awesome thanks!

We will be releasing some video footage of the game as it progresses. Right now we are getting the game setup so that the video is a bit bigger on Desktops for just that. Can't cut a preview video if it's too small to do so.

Also the game is pretty neat right now, but it's not anywhere as cool as when we will finally put in all the other robots and levels and weapons and such, so that'll be the next upcoming thing. Tougher robots. The Drones are the only thing that are in the game and though they might pose a challenge when you are not paying attention or when you are without ammo or weapons and even more so in a group, it's just not overly exciting yet.

There needs to be a tougher enemy that'll make you sweat a little. Those will come!

Menus are also on the list.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder