Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Subject 33 [Restarted]

Oh ok yeah I was just running those batch files, I'll just edit the 2x to do 4x.

The X2, X3 ad X4 setting just runs it as normal for me, I'll try compatibility options, maybe Windows is just being stupid .

Yeah no go, lowered the resolution and much better to see, it's pretty difficult. It reminds me of a NES game I played once..... the name escapes me, it was really fun too.
    Last edited by Chesso; 13-03-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Update

Blog Entries
    at 19x19 tiles at 16x16 pixels, it's probably trying to do 320x200 or 320x240. Your card might not be able to display at such a small resolution since it's an HD screen. I can only imagine how big the pixels would be. lol On my 27" screen I get better than 1080p. As a matter of of fact I can only go as low as 640x480. My usual resolution is actually 2560x1440. This is of course at 27" (iMac)

SO I think that's the main problem. I'm working to fix a higher resolution for the game for now. (I'll be updating the graphics later once I've signed an artist) Build 10 will have a new display system and perhaps even OpenGL graphics so I can record video of gameplay and speed up the game code a bit too. Though I was hoping to wait for an entire graphics overhaul at the same time as the switch to OpenGL. I can only promise a higher fullscreen resolution in build 10.

NOTE: I continued development on my old Windows laptop which was made in 2003, runs WinXP SP2 and has at best a 15" screen.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Sounds good to me.

I know what you mean about waiting for resources until making any big changes, I have a similar approach when things like that crop up, it's a painful wait!

Blog Entries
    I've created this track for the music in the game... not sure where I will use it though.

http://soundcloud.com/jason-mcmillen...ct-33-action-1
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Thats a nice track for a videogame.

Some critisism though: There are some clear volume changes in the music. You should get rid of these, because suddenly changing the volume makes music uncomfortable to listen to. Also, some chord changes could be used, just to make it a tad more interesting. However, using too many different chords is definitely something you have to look out for, since it will attract to much attention.

Hope this helps
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Blog Entries
    Ahh, loops in garageband. Aren't we all the artist? It's a shame I cant use them for my music coursework, but good song on the whole. Since its used as an 'action' theme/BGM then the small volume changes chronozphere picked up on should not pose much a problem. On the note of chords, there are some harmonic pairs (don't quote me on the name ) that can have some very nice effects indeed...

If you wanted to overhaul it, the most important thing in song making can be structure, a similar transition from variations of a few themes with completely different or at least different intros and outros to the song can make a world of difference.

But on the whole, nice song, it give it about 7.3/10 which is quite good by my scores since no song as a whole got a 10. Ever. (Not evern a 9.anything was awarded ever either so yay) although a few elite songs I really do like did get some high 8s but thats just me... Probably because of significance of the time I first heard them or some really good bits in them... So yay, but thats just me.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Hey Jason,
    Nicely done! I love the tune

I did notice 1 or 2 volume changes (see the large spikes in the sound preview from the link you provided above)..I think if you could reduce that, then you have a winner for your game

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Yeah this was my cheap hack attempt at making music. I was suprise that my tinkering actually produced something half decent. As an aside, I've also taken to learning how to play the piano which may or may not allow me to compose something pleasant. ...we'll have to see.

Well if anyone has GarageBand and would like to have a try at remixing, I don't mind sharing creative control a wee bit for the fun of it. Just email me at team@garlandsquest.com and I'll send you the file to play with.

I'll have a look at the spots you mention...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Exciting update!

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...ull=1#post4902

Check out the Subject 33 Showcase website: http://www.redantgames.com/subject33/

The prototype (alpha) is being ported to Oxygene as I post this. It will be released for Android devices, the OUYA game console, Windows, Mac and Linux (all via Java RTE) and eventually iPads and iPhones.

20121008_205844.jpg
    This is the mock-up of the mobile version's touch GUI
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Paul has finally finished porting the Alpha prototype to Oxygene! (And it works great on Windows & Mac OS X so far) Rejoice, this is a fine day.

And to celebrate, here is a couple of videos showing the original game that inspired Subject 33...

...and because we love you guys, here is a latest screeshot of our WIP for Android, OUYA and eventually iOS.

Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast