Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lazarus 0.9.16

Blog Entries

Lazarus 0.9.16

There is a new version of the Lazarus IDE for Free Pascal now available. Lazarus 0.9.16 has many bugfixes and a few new features. One of the most notable changes is the IDE Online Help feature that was first introduced back in 0.9.14 that is now online with about 50% of the IDE's documented help pages published. The full help pages are expected within the next few days.

The rest is mostly fixes and enhancements to aspects of the menu layouts and Qt interface, new features in the Source Editor and the LCL object library. A full list of the changes is available here.

Some of the improvements include but are not limited to:
    • IDE Online Help
    • Qt Interface
    • New IDE Menu Items
    • Source Editor
    • Win32 Interface.

Lazarus is available at Lazarus.freepascal.org!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Lazarus 0.9.16

Any Laz gurus here that know what The 'Start Page' in the Online Help configuration under that 'Databases' tab is supposed to actually link to? I installed 0.9.16 over 0.9.14 and it seems that it breaks the Online Help by doing that.

Don't know what I'm talking about?: On the IDE's main menu, click on Help -> Configure Help. Then click on the Databases tab. When I click on the 'Online Help' menu item instead it give me an error about not finding an index file inside Lazarus' docs folder. :think:

Well it's either that or the Laz team is slipping and did not setup the package properly. *tisk tisk*
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Lazarus 0.9.16

From the Lazarus news page...
    With FPC and Lazarus from svn from today ( 24th of September ), it is possible to build a native and working lazarus for Win x64.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

Lazarus 0.9.16

Very nice!

I wonder what other platforms will be supported within the IDE. PocketPC and Palm are ones that I'm sure lots of users will like to see.

I'd be happy to see the GBA platform myself though.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Lazarus 0.9.16

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Very nice!
    I'd be happy to see the GBA platform myself though.
    A GUI on a GBA?! :shock:

Blog Entries

Lazarus 0.9.16

Shame on you Daniel. Everyone knows you don't have to make a VCL or LCL application with either Delphi or Lazarus.

In fact I use Lazarus for ALL my projects now. [size=9px](when I have time to work on the poor neglected things)[/size] It's the IDE that encourages me me use it not the Forms.

:idea: One thing I think it missing from the IDE is; When you create a new project, you should be able to pre-target it to what kind of app/console program you want it to be. ie add a small wizard or pre-config window for newly created projects through the 'New...' function in the menu/quick button.

Or the ability to load/save project templates. :idea:
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Re: Lazarus 0.9.16

this is nice, altrough some ide fixes (and docking!!) would be much needed in the ide.
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

Lazarus 0.9.16

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Shame on you Daniel. Everyone knows you don't have to make a VCL or LCL application with either Delphi or Lazarus.
    I am not pointing at non-VCL apps. Developing a TUI app in Lazarus or Delphi makes a lot of sense since you still use the IDE for anything except the form designer. For GBA projects the point of a Lazarus IDE is almost non existant, since all it basically provides is an editor with syntax highlighting.

The only way to make a usefull GBA IDE is functionality that emulates a GBA inside the IDE, so you can debug. I think that will remain a dream for the time being

Lazarus 0.9.16

Quote Originally Posted by dmantione
    The only way to make a usefull GBA IDE is functionality that emulates a GBA inside the IDE, so you can debug. I think that will remain a dream for the time being
    Uhm... maybe it could be possible to make an add-on for gdb remote debugging. :idea:
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

Lazarus 0.9.16

Well interface is important in a way, though not vital.

BTW what is TUI supposed to stand for?

I think that the debugging is a HUGE thing. I make mistakes sometimes just to test that I'm right in doing something a specific way. I also make extensive use of being able to step through lines of my code as I do the more complex routines in my games/libraries. So if GBA developers could debug their games, that'd be a big deal for them.

Legolas: What do you mean by "remote debugging" btw?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast