Thread: Name the New Delphi company..

Name the New Delphi company..

Mike Swindell is asking for company name suggestions for the new DevCo - you can add you suggestion here - http://blogs.borland.com/michaelswin.../25/24935.aspx

or you can send them to devco.names@borland.com
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

My suggestions so far are...
    "FullForce Inc" - So that you can then name the IDE - "FullForce Developer Studio" and tag it as "Everything you need in one box"
    This has the added value of having a JEDI hook .

Alternatively go for something which exudes power like "Magma Inc" or "Magma Developer Tools - Made By developers for developers".

And for a quirky name try
    "Build it and They Will Come Inc/Developer Tools".
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

I always liked the Greek/Latin aspect associated with the Borland projects. So here are my votes:
    Athena (already mentioned above)
    Tholos
    Sibyl (as in Delphic Sibyl)
    Pythia

Then my favorite: "The Argonauts" - (Meaning: The next generation of heroes). Could use something to the effect of: "Bringing development back into the developers hands." as a tag statement.

Someone posted "Begin"... I like it
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

Well you all know my as 'Idea Guy'. So I couldn't pass this one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Delphi and many of the IDE tools obviously have always had a heavy greek mythology influence so therefore thats probably the best route to go(plus the names and titles from the mythology are just cool!)

My suggestions:

Olypmus/Olympian,
    Parthenon,
    Pegasis,
    Athena/New Athens/Athenian,
    Prometheus and my personal favorite Acropolis.

And now add an Industries, Developments, Inc., etc... or whatever else you need there.
    Sadly my HTML was not liked so it looks a bit funny on the blog page. :? But Acropolis was my favotire out of the bunch I picked out. Namely because it seemed to fit the most. Just read the Wikipedia article on it... what do you guys think?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

DevCo 2

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    But Acropolis was my favotire out of the bunch I picked out. Namely because it seemed to fit the most. Just read the Wikipedia article on it... what do you guys think?
    That name makes me think of a TV sitcom that we had here in Australia called Acropolis Now. Always a chuckle.

Blog Entries

Ah... well sorry I missed out.

Still a cool name. And very signifigant to the new company. Thats if it turns out to be worth it's salt in the end.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder