Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FPC 4 GameCube?

FPC 4 GameCube?

Legolas=Legend!
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

FPC 4 GameCube?

:toocool:

This is only for your eyes:

:mrgreen:

Now I need a way to debug, because I have some issues I can't figure how I could resolve :think:
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

FPC 4 GameCube?

Awesome
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

FPC 4 GameCube?

Looks cool, but is amusing to see it running in an XP window .
    Yes I know it's an emulator.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

FPC 4 GameCube?

So whats the emulator of choice for GameCube dev? Anything at the level of what you were using for the GBA/NDS testing?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

FPC 4 GameCube?

GCube, that's shipped with devkitPPC, seems good enough to make some quick tests, but the windows version lacks basic debugger functionalities. Seems that the best way in order to debug is a real gamecube connected(*) to pc for remote debugging.

(*)There is an adapter (USB Gecko) that allows to connect a gamecube (or a Wii) to a pc via USB

FPC 4 GameCube?

As for business curiosity, what are the legal implications of creating games for the Wii? Is Nintendo requiring a license? If so, how much does it cost? And I suppose they would only sell it to well established studios. Is Nintendo allowing non-profit games? :?

FPC 4 GameCube?

As far as I can tell, it should be the same as for nds and gba development: you can create and sell your homebrew software, made with unofficial tools, putting somewhere a disclaimer stating that you and your software are not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo. Of course your buyers need a backup enabled console, because you can't write a "genuine" cd.
    About becoming an official Nintendo developer, you can check this page:
    http://www.warioworld.com/apply/wii.html

The interesting part is that Nintendo sells devkits only for DS and Wii.

FPC 4 GameCube?

Some news again
    Now I'll show you a pageflip demo ported from a libogc example. Tested it on gcube emulator, the speed of the executable made with fpc is about the same as the gcc one (48 fps on gcc, 47 fps on fpc); on the other hand, the executable is bigger on fpc side, a usual.

In this archive (116 kb) you will find both fpc and gcc executables.

FPC 4 GameCube?

I know I'm a bit late, but this was/is great news. Any further upates?

How did you get FreePascal to target the GC?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast