Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What other programming languages do you LIKE to use?

What other programming languages do you LIKE to use?

My second favourite language is Python. (You've noticed - it also starts with P). I know some other languages like C/C++, Java, VB (and even a bit of Fortan and asembler), but for me pascal and python are the best languages created so far.
    like to use OCaml because it's a functional language, and so it forces me to think about programming in a different way than I'm used to. I'm still learning it, though, and it's a lot of fun.
    Once I thought about learning some functional language, but I could not find the application for it (all I do is making games and implemeting numerical integration methods) so it ended on thinking about learning.

Quote Originally Posted by grudzio
    Once I thought about learning some functional language, but I could not find the application for it (all I do is making games and implemeting numerical integration methods) so it ended on thinking about learning.
    You can easily do a game with OCaml. Actually my only non-trivial project in OCaml was a game (using SDL thanks to OCamlSDL). It's even on my WWW page with sources, look for "Bad Blaster".

Quote Originally Posted by michalis
    Quote Originally Posted by grudzio
    You can easily do a game with OCaml. Actually my only non-trivial project in OCaml was a game (using SDL thanks to OCamlSDL). It's even on my WWW page with sources, look for "Bad Blaster".
    Thanks. I will take a look.

Blog Entries

Hmm... so many new languages these days... maybe I should make my own language... it'll have all my own personal slang and wording habits....

I'll call it WILL<sup>2</sup>--. :lol: (Thats said like WILL Squared Minus Minus)
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I especially like Esoteric Programming Languages.

These can give you hours of fun.
    Check here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Morgan-Mar

Some of my favorites:
    <ul>[*]Befunge - Uses a 2D grid to execute cells instead of line-by-line[*]Chef - Where all programs are recipies![*]l33t Programming language - teh pwn3r!!!11![*]Spoon - Type complete programs using just 0 and 1 like you were ment to![*]Shakespeare - All programs are theatre play scripts.[*]Whitespace - All programs are typed using one character: ' ' (space)![/list]
    My site: DelphiTuts.com (coming soon)...

Download Font Studio 4.21 here.

At first Delphi, Pascal Script
    Second C++
    and a bit of java
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NecroDOME
    Delphi
    Sorry, but you opened this can of worms-- Delphi ain't no language.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroDOME
    Delphi
    Sorry, but you opened this can of worms-- Delphi ain't no language.
    Actually it is

ps. ohh i'm a byte master
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Blog Entries

Thats a fallacy. Delphi is a compiler and IDE software suite created by Borland that encorporated a newly polished version of a Pascal language dialect called Object Pascal that make the language into a capable Object Oriented Programming language. No specifications or standards were set for the new 'Object Pascal' dialect, Borland was left to their own practices and means.

In later years, Borland's brilliant marketing team of *ahem* 'rocket scientists' decided to refer to 'Object Pascal' instead as 'Delphi' instead for a few possible reasons.

[size=9px]NOTE: Borland as a company has a history of acting rather strangely or irratically in the last decade or so. ie. The Delphi 'language' decision, it's name change to Inprise for about a year or two, tucking it's C Builder IDE along with Delphi all under the label 'Delphi', and now turning into an ALM developer and releasing it's Developer Software division.[/size]

Possible Reasons:

A) simplify whatever confusion there was about Delphi being the name of the development suite rather than the commonly known way of declaring it after the official language it used. Borland was the first to confuse it's own market by doing this.

B) Try to fool the new and existing developers that Object Pascal or the Pascal language it's self is some kind of new language that can compete with C or C++. Funny thing is... it had been competing with C long before up until Borland (the very same guys) decided to let Turbo Pascal age into the market's background and niech areas. Funny guys huh?

C) The CEO might has gone insane and ran around the building in his wife's underwear amoung other antics. The situation got so bad that his own security had to work day and night to keep the story under wraps... until now. :twisted:

D) Microsoft threatened to attack and destory and buy Borland as they did many other smaller and gorwing companies that now make up the 'MSN Empire' we know today. The payoff... the reputation and pristige of Pascal....

Ok everything above C is true in a serious way. but I have o get going to work as it's too early for me to be making huge massive posts like this now.

Ciao! See y'all Monday-ish.

Oh btw... congrats!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Besides FreePascal - Euphoria, SmartEiffel, Netwide Assembler...

BTW, I'm back from army now, working hard on NODE (multimedia engine) for my Final Exam - I'll even use it for my presentation instead of PowerPoint
    blog: http://alexionne.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast