Mmm... true. But leaking 4kb of ram out of 2gb available just makes Windows work a little. (I'd never write it that way in a SERIOUS application. This was just thrown together to see how fast I could do it.)

From what I've seen the particle system is excellent even though you don't include negative growth (shrinkage) in the editor. I've not written a real particle system myself, but I'd love to see a percentile timer on the color list so you can set the lifetime of the colors. Think of a propane flame and you see a bright semi-clear white-blue that quickly fades to a bright azure tip that is smaller. I'd also ask that you can spawn a particle system/effect in a given direction.

Overall your work is quite excellent, and while the canvas might not be optimized it provides a good example base foundation for those who like the "geometry wars" look alike games. (Not that I'm one, but hey.)

Maybe we could even get side or top down rendering of models implemented. Then we could imitate games like Flatspace, etc.