Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: World Cup - who to you think will win??

World Cup - who to you think will win??

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    I remember when I was a kid, the German when known to be the best a soccer. At least thats what I was taught by my surroundings. But honestly I don't know how I came to that conclusion since my household never watched Soccer(ahem sorry everywhere-else-but-NA-football), almost everything else... even golf. :roll: [size=9px](I hate that sport soley because of that I think. Never stand between a 10 year old future geek and his NES playing I tells ya!)[/size]
    There is an old saying. Football is a game where twenty two men chase the ball and always Germany wins. And this time they really deserve to win because they play beautifull, offensive, open football.

I look forward to the final Germany vs. France. This would be a fantastic game.

@Will the term soccer is also used in Australia and New Zealand. Football or Footy refers to rugby.

While I really like Football(soccer) I find Rugby (either League or union) to be a more exciting sport to watch. Rugby make soccer players look like pansies
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

WHAT A MATCH! One of the best of the tournament. I wanted Germany to win, but Italy scored some fantastic goals in the last 2 minutes of extra time.
    Well done Italy!
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    WHAT A MATCH! One of the best of the tournament. I wanted Germany to win, but Italy scored some fantastic goals in the last 2 minutes of extra time.
    Well done Italy!
    YAY!!!! I have risked the coronary a bunch of times... at the first gol was a real bedlam here! All Italy is a big party now
    Well, two (great) golas, a post and a crossbar hit... I'm very satisfied :mrgreen:
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

I thought I heard that right. I was on base today and someone made a joke that he was doing better than Germany. [size=9px](You know, "Hey how are ya?" ... ala witty response that follows)[/size] My response was something along the lines of :eh:...

I only got it later on while walking home a few hours ago. Oh, you poor poor soccer--*ahem* sorry, football fans.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Nooooooooo! :shock: :x :? :x :cry:

Is it just me or is Carlos T?Švez ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_T%C3%A9vez ), the Argentinian striker, related to Lou_Ferrigno ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Ferrigno ).
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Quote Originally Posted by Firlefanz
    Nooooooooo! :shock: :x :? :x :cry:
    The Germans can always try and get their revenge during Euro 2008.

Great performance by Italy, great game, deserved to win.

Disappointing match, France v Portugal, soft penalty milked by Henry, and C. Ronaldo continuing his cheating antics. Sad.

But, best two teams are in the final.
    [size=10px]&quot;In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it&#39;s the exact opposite.&quot; -- Paul Dirac[/size]

So it is Italy to become the World Champions. During the game it looked that the French are going to win - they were the better team in my opinion, but they were not able to score a goal. It reminds me of a last European Championship final Greece vs. Portugal. The Portugese dominated througout the game, but Greeks won. Same here. Italians defended briliantly. Even if Zidane didn't get a red card, it would have end up with the penalites. And penalties are like a dice roll... Anyone can win.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast