Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: DXDRAW options

DXDRAW options

I took it down, i will put it back for you to download later, try in 6 hours

DXDRAW options

FTP://test:test@DLPB.kicks-ass.net

Ok, now remmeber, any help as to why the line is only going out of sync when sprite hits RIGHT wall

DXDRAW options

Well... Firstly, when I ran the game it did quite close to nothing at all I'll look into what the heck is with it sometime other than 2am

Edit: I did take a quick look tho... What the bloody hell is a TQRImage?

I othervise don't know the Sprite Engine at all, so I think I won't be able to help you I'm used to handling the things myself and using TDirectDrawSurfaces

DXDRAW options

That shouldnt be there anymore That was from a much much early experiment years ago when I knew 0 and was using images and normal timers to move pictures around the screen, simulating what dxdraw does with normal components hahaha they were the days

and yeah like I say this game is practicly a fgew hour old.

Press vsync buton to get game started. If you enter fullscreen mode it will seem to freeze this is because game pauses. Use for now click with left mouse on DXdraw area to unpause...

and you are from Budapest?

DXDRAW options

Well, I let Delphi kill those, so whatever, but it'd be nice if you cleaned your code up some

DXDRAW options

I am messy and I tend to always clean up at end....hehe this started as experiment

DXDRAW options

okaaay, ummm...

I've looked a bit more deeply into it - unfortunately after learning C++, so my mind isn't at full juice, but I think I won't really understand how this thing goes...

First thing's first, you should REALLY look over classes and the basics of object oriented programing, cuz declaring tons of global variables just blows the mind out of anyone else than you (That's also very important if you want to work as a programmer)

If you would like a quickly done example application or something, I think I could trow togeather one, buuut, the way it is now... I think I'll pass going into it, sorry

(oh, yea, and I couldn't make it start however I tried...)

DXDRAW options

True but the object is for me to understand it noone else....in this case I make an exception

Anyway you don't really need to understand the main stuff, its just weird that the line stays in sync when X<0 but goes out of sync on the other side when it is a mirror of the prgramming for <0.

I can get round this two ways avoiding normal invaders movement. 1. By making the sprites simply go through x>500 back to 0 or just let each sprite see the edge and have then go back and forward overlapping. I still want to do it thw classic way though

DXDRAW options

HI seiferalmasy,

I agree with Speeder. There are many reasons for writing solid and clean code. One is so that it is easier to find and squish bugs. And also so that it is easier to maintain code in the future. This is true even for hobbyists, going back to a program 6 months later you might find you don't understand your own logic. I know I have found this to be the case with my own software

I help maintain over 1200 programs and I having to change or fix a program that was badly written it makes the job very difficult. Using meaningful variable names and good use of classes and records etc makes it much much easier to go back to programs later. I am not having a dig at you, you can write your programs however evr you like that is fine. But you program is hard to follow which is why no-one has been able to help with the out of line bug that you have got.

Good luck
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

DXDRAW options

I agree with you But this is not the reson for my line goin out of sync, I can't explain that.

You are right but I am no pro and as such I will live and die by my sloppy code hehehe

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast