Thread: Got a better PC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    the oldest wokring computer I have is more than 20 years old PC
    Whoa, nice. My oldest computer, before it gave up the ghost, was about 8-9 years old. It was designed for Windows 98 and by the time it stop working I had XP installed and was working well enough for years. But if you want to take it back..... way back.... my very first computer was a TRS-80 Model I 1979-80 (bw monitor, 8K RAM... i think it was), next TRS-Computer 1, 2 & 3. I even had that portal computer from Radio Shack... what was it... I think the Model 100. My first IBM compatible machine was the Tandy 1000 (I think that is what it was called). After that, I was out of high school and was building them myself. I remember the thrill of first playing Wolf3d on my 286 machine, fast and arcade feeling. Later when Doom came out (oh my), getting the turtle sign in the upper corner of the screen. My box was too slow and not enough memory. I remember upgrading memory to 4MB and it costing a grip back in the day. I think I got the memory at Software Etc. I eventually got a 386 box with 8MB and things where great. Good times, good times. Ahh... little tears of nostalgia.
    Last edited by drezgames; 29-12-2013 at 05:26 PM.