I have been playing alot of modded Minecraft lately http://feed-the-beast.com/ . Currently i have 3GHz dualcore, 5GB RAM, ATI Radeon with 512MB, and enough HDD space (additional 1TB fast USB drive to store stuff when needed). And recent change was switching from 32-bit to 64-bit Windows 7, because 32-bit Java cannot allocate over 1GB of RAM for a process. But that game is still putting my machine beg for mercy I'm running both server and client to play with friends, and overall they take up over 3GB of RAM, and almost full use of my CPU. Web browser while playing and game itself is very laggy, so i still have plans to upgrade further...

What i'm going to need, is bare minimum of 8GB RAM. If i can get cheap 16GB i'll take it. My current motherboard doesn't support DDR3, so upgrade from DDR2 might also be noticable. But that means installing new motherboard, and at the same time why not update CPU to at least 3GHz quad core. Knowing that many processes don't run multithreaded, and having used 3GHz for years now, the least i'd want is quadcore that's slower than my old one. After all that is in place, and i'm not quite ready to update yet, i'll see about GPU few months later. I'm propably happy with the power supply, it was bought a year back or so. Nice and silent 550W, also all the fans speeds change by heat ratio, so in most use they don't make much noise... unless the fans are already dead and i'm in fake belief they're still working That shouldn't be the case, i trust HW monitor that's telling me temperatures are at 30-40 celcius.