My current machine is a Lenovo G770 laptop. It's where I do all my code outside of work. Got an i3-2310m (Intel HD Graphics 3000) and a Radeon HD6650M with 8GB DDR3-1033. The switchable graphics are nice for testing different rendering paths. When at home, I plug it into a 22" 1920x1080 monitor for more work space, and use a proper keyboard/mouse. Since it's possible to switch the processor for another one, I'm thinking of putting an i5 into it eventually. I've gone through a lot of different PCs and components, but I started out with a 386 16 MHz, 8MB of RAM and 160MB of disk (gifted to me), then moved onto a 486 with 4MB of RAM (a reject from my school ). Those were my Turbo Pascal days

Moved to an Athlon64 3000+, 512MB RAM and a Radeon X600 in 2005. Upgraded later to a 4000+, 1GB of RAM and a GeForce 7600GT. Got a more powerful machine at home now, and upgrade every few years, but I don't use it. I've always had an additional PC which ranged from a Celeron, P2, P3, P4 and others and ranging from 64 to 1GB of RAM and various GPUs. I'd make a PC out of cheap components, or those people wanted to throw away. Used the side machine a lot for development since my primary PC was shared in the family.

For now there is not much need to use anything more powerful than my laptop. Also got a P4, 512MB server in a corner of my room, which would be easily replaced with a small ARM box. Have a feeling that server might fail soon. No worries, doing backup