Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Creation Team

iLLUNis

Game Creation Team

There is something for you to think. How many of you and of course other registrants of these forums would be interested in creating or starting to create a game? I know that most of the times someone starts something and then it is all left and forgotten but i think it would be a good idea to promote these forums and also to work as a team and have first of all fun. Maybe the admins could create a poll for the subject....just a thought.... :idea:

Game Creation Team

Yep, I quite like that idea. Of couse, the first issue is decide what game we'd make and the APIs required. We could do 2D or 3D stuff - I think that 2D would include more people in the process (i.e., the ones who've only tried out DelphiX for games dev). How about the old classic, Gauntlet? (Can we do what the gamedev.net people couldn't, and finish the project?)

Do you have a specific genre in mind, illunis, or is this something that we should decide?

FWIW, I reserve the right to run away from the project and return to it later as necessary.
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

iLLUNis

Game Creation Team

Hehehe....Well as you can see form my short introduction i am mainly interested in RGP games and these kind of stuff....But i suppose anything goes and since we live i a democratic society i VOTE for RPG.... ....I think that a poll will be needed to decide on that....thanks Alimonster

Game Creation Team

I like the idea, it could help me to make my code more accessable to others and to create a better style than I have now...

I don't mind what sort of game, I'll go with the flow and learn from it...

I don't have anyone I can program with so programming with this group would be kinda cool!
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

Game Creation Team

There's a poll over here. Cast your vote!
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

iLLUNis

Game Creation Team

that was quick.....

Game Creation Team

I'd happily help Although I would be worried about the project collapsing after lots of work has been put in by everyone But can't hurt to try, i'm sure everyone will be willing to contribute

Game Creation Team

If the project would collapse... Well than we would have had a lot of fun and (even though it isn't finished) created something of which others can learn!

But most important (I think) is the fun!
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

iLLUNis

Game Creation Team

Quote Originally Posted by TheLion
    If the project would collapse... Well than we would have had a lot of fun and (even though it isn't finished) created something of which others can learn!

But most important (I think) is the fun!
    Yep!...thats the idea....if it goes well and we even finish what we start thats more than fine...if not no harm done...there is no commitment or contract made...just pure fun...you enjoy it?...join it....i like that actually....i think i ll copyright it.... :?

Game Creation Team

Like TheLion, I have absolutely no one to program with around here (especially not in Delphi). I'd really like to get involved in something bigger, something that could maybe make it's way onto a resume. And I don't think anyone would really feel like they wasted their time if the game ultimately flops. We're pretty much all here for the fun of it and learning all we can.

If anyone is interested I posted a game idea I have been kicking around for a while here. Sorta a meld of 2D and 3D.
    My DGDev forum pascal syntax highlight settings:
    <br />[background=#FFFFFF][comment=#8080FF][normal=#000080]
    <br />[number=#C00000][reserved=#000000][string=#00C000]

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast