Thread: Chess position viewer

Chess position viewer

Hello gentlemen ! This isn't really a game, but I would like to present my latest Pascal project, EPD Viewer. My idea was to remake EPD2diag, by Manfred Rosenboom.

It's a FlashPascal program. You can try it on line here, and download the source code here.

The compiler I use is FlashPascal 2. (I have already presented in the forum a Four-in-a-row game made with the same compiler.)

I hope you will like it.

Best regards.

Roland
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 17-06-2015 at 06:18 AM.

Nice!
    Some time ago I have downloaded a Delphi based Chess program which used quite similar aproach for storing chess figure positions as your program does. it also includes an AI component so you can actually play real chess with it.
    When I get back home I'll start up my old laptop on which I should still have that program and try to figure out from where did I get it and then post link here.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    Nice!
    Some time ago I have downloaded a Delphi based Chess program which used quite similar aproach for storing chess figure positions as your program does. it also includes an AI component so you can actually play real chess with it.
    When I get back home I'll start up my old laptop on which I should still have that program and try to figure out from where did I get it and then post link here.
    Thank you for your answer.

As a Delphi chess program including AI, I know this one (but I don't believe it manages EPD strings). Otherwise, there is the Delphi version of EPD2diag.

Nice. I'm still waiting for a game made with FlashPascal with some animated sprites, e.g. a Jump'n'Run or anything. So far all games are relatively static ...
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
    Nice.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
    I'm still waiting for a game made with FlashPascal with some animated sprites, e.g. a Jump'n'Run or anything. So far all games are relatively static ...
    Yes, it's true.
    Last edited by Roland Chastain; 02-03-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Chastain View Post
    As a Delphi chess program including AI, I know this one (but I don't believe it manages EPD strings). Otherwise, there is the Delphi version of EPD2diag.
    While that is not same program I had (can't find the one I had) I do remember that it used same AI component that is now integrated into the Chess board component on which this program bases off.

The reason why I had that chess program in the first pace is becouse me and a friend of mine do like to play chess and I wanted to update existing chess program to have multiplayer support. But soon after seing the source code of that one I decided that I'll try to build my own chess program from scratch (without AI offcourse).
    I must admit that I never finished it. The main reason why I never finished it is becouse I stubled upon "Battle Master 2" which is a freware chess program with built in multiplayer support.
    So me and my friend comonly use that one when playing chess online but nothing beats playing chess person to person.
    Maybe someday I go and try doing it again.

Hello! I polished my EDP/FEN viewer.

Hope you will like it.