Hey everyone!

This is just to give everybody an little update as to the current status of Iron Strike. The game was finally completed and packaged about an hour ago. Dirk hard to the grind stone trying to peice it all together. I aswell was working last minute to get the tutorial completed in time.

All in all, we are both quite proud of this release. Dirk is now going to get his well earned 1 and a half hours of sleep. Hence why *I* am the one posting this announcement.

For those that are not familiar with the original release of the game, prevously known as 'TANX', this is a revision of the same game released in the 2006 PGD Annual Competition which ran for about 4 months. 'TANX' won first place and earned the sponsorship to the Independant Game Festival from PGD and Savage Software Solutions.

After the competition I spoke with Dirk Nordhusen aka Huehnerschaender, the game's creator and he liked some of my ideas so he took me on as the story writter and mission designer. I then created the Iron Strike story and adapted a chapter for the game. The game was then renamed to 'Iron Strike' and 'Iron Strike: Stormfront' was to be released for the IGF competition.

Also, Reid Blanco of the AIR Team that entered the game 'BLOCKED' into the PGD Annual competition chipped in to help along with Alex Rosendal aka Traveler, who is a popular Staff Member of PGD, both contributed with some great 3D models and background graphics.

Unfortunately the PGD member 'Chebmaster' never told us his real name so we cannot thank him properly. He helped a lot of the geography and historical economic data used to add realizim to the game maps.

We worked under a very tight schedule, even back before the PGD Annual's finish, but I think overall that all of that has paid off. As of now, we'll have to wait for the judges at the IGF to release their results next year(2007). And then we shall see how the public feels about the game.

Pending a response from the IGF, we will see if we are allowed to release a copy to the public ourselves here on PGD. If we are given the 'ok' then hope to see it posted sometime in the next few days. We are anxious to share it with everyone.