Yeah, this is all true.

The intent was to eventually have montage of 'mock' video clips and news reports of these major events taking place from the current 'War On Terror' to WWIII to the end of the Alliance-Coalition coldwar.

The thing that I think killed us the most was lack of time to work with the material. Dirk was fighting to keep bugs out as he added all this new stuff and I was trying to manage all the material ALL in a very short period of time. Which all lead to an unfortunately poor performance at IGF. :?

Things that I'd like to see done to Iron Strike, post-IGF... [size](This was both me and Dirk's montra the whole time we worked :lol[/size]

Intro-wise:

1) Slow down the scroll speed (much slower intro)
2) Add the mock montage of the progression from current day to the story
3) Rescore the whole game... intro, main menu, missions, boss fights, ending
4) Possibly try to shorten or abbreviate the 'rolling text' somewhat [size=9px](maybe a few visuals will substitute some of the text?)[/size]
5) Add a narrator [size=9px](Possibly putting Dom in the acting business w/ him being in a music video too and all )[/size]

In-game-wise:

6) FIX missing dialogs, pause action durring important story moments (will fix a lot of problems)
7) Get real world satellite images for the menu[size=9px](weren't able to get this done in time)[/size]
FIX my ultra cool boss fight in Mission 5. [size=9px](It was a really cool idea. We just had too many engine issues to make it work.)[/size]
9) All kinds of tiny perks that remained due to a missing beta testing period. :lol: [size=9px](This poor thing litterially went right from the developer's table straight into the judges folder.)[/size]

I'm not sure where, but I'm also thinking of adding a cutscene/trailer somewhere where you see a silhouetted Russian General talking[size=9px](giving a speech to a friend or to taping it as propaganda)[/size]. The idea is that you don't see his face or anything, but hear the 'power' in his voice and sort of fear this man's conviction. A nice story build-up scene. Where we'll find someone that has that kind of voice [size=9px](and is Russian or can pull off the accent perfectly)[/size] is to be seen.

Either way, other games have done comebacks to the IGF so it seems that maybe we can do it too. But like I told Dirk before, we'll need to enlist the help of more than just the 4 people that did work on this one.