Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iron Strike at the Independent Games Festival

Blog Entries

Iron Strike at the Independent Games Festival

It's likely that only 'My Projects' topics can be posted on the front page. Dom would know more about this than I.

I'd be glad to organize the making of T-Shirts for Iron Strike. But you should know that even though I am a major contributor to the game, it is owned by Dirk. So in my efforts here, I'm really working for him in *his* dev team.

..and he'd have to ok his brand being used for PGD's benifit. But it's a cool idea. Though, I'd think that Dirk should benifit from that too if it where to be done.

I'm actaully in error above. I said we'd find something out next year, but instead the rules state that we will find out if the game is choosen by the judges as a 'finalist'. This is what most teams strive for because even if you don't win. You get recodnized amoung other promotional and exposure benifits.

I don't know if anyone looked at the 2006 IGF video yet, but it's pretty cool (2 game industry big-wigs where announcing the awards on a stage--get to see the whole thing) and how they present the finalists on the big screen. :lol: It's like being at the Oscars, but for indie game developers.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Well done guys, and good luck!
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Its been said many time, but there is always room for one more
    Great job guys!
    Looking forward to find it on the shelves or at least play it.
    [size=9px]BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*
    <br />tv b+ DI++ D+ e++ h+ G-
    <br />END GEEK CODE BLOCK[/size]
    <br />Create your own GeekCode block at: <a href="">...</a>

All 141 Entries can now be viewed @ http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entries2007.php.
    Should be an interesting year for indie games.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

Thanks guys!

There unfortunately was a major issue with the 3rd Mission that I believe will cripple us greatly.

BUT when Dirk gets back from vacation, I'm sure that we will be able to fix it and post the fixed version and possibly have some crack at being nominated for the peoples choice award.

Well thats *IF* it goes the way I think it might. If not then oh well :? we tried.

afaik though, we *might* be able to run an even newer completed version of the game (not Stormfront, but a newer engine, story and missions) next year...

EDIT: I have a copy myself and I'd post it here on PGD, but Dom would kill me as it is about 50-60 MB *and* it would kill the site's bandwidth bill I think. :?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I can host it if you wish. No bandwidth limitation at all. Just let me know and I'll give you ftp information.

I can also mirror the file if you want. That would give two people with unlimited bandwidth and should provide a good DL setup

I can also host with unlimited bandwidth
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Mine technically isn't unlimited, but I don't think you can hold a candle to 200gb/month.

I'll setup anonymous ftp access to my site, and put a download script in place. That way you can have everything accessed easily. And since I swapped hosts I have never gone down, which I'm enthusiastic about (my previous 2 were horrid).

So let me know if you want it!

WILL, I know you are busy, but if you have a spare couple of hours, throw together some screen shots and a new gameplay movie and we can post it on GameDev and a few of the other sites to get the word out and to get valuable feedback.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast