Thread: And we're back!

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Talking And we're back!

Well, as I said in the site notice that's on the front page, I'm very sorry it's taken this long.

The transfer took longer than I think both Jason and I expected, but the biggest pain has been cleaning up the database. About 550K users, 330K PM's to deleted users, 600K password history records (yes you can now reuse an old password if you wish).

I'm hoping that the site is now up and fully functional. It appears to be from what I've been able to see, but as I say, I've taken a hatchet to the database so if you spot something that isn't quite right, please let me know ASAP. I've added the vBulletin smilies, updated the site software and added some plugins that I hope will make the moderators jobs a little easier.

And for now, that's all from me.

Welcome back to PGD
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Glad its back.

I just reached my PM (private message) count limit and decided to clean out a bit.
    After i deleted one of my PM, the forum displayed some message (which is normal), its same style page (message) after you log in here.

But the page also displayed some script source, probably some database or the html page source itself. Its kinda similar way, if the webpage db is hacked or something.
    It shows some warnings or something.

The message disappeared so quickly i couldnt copy paste the "script" behind it.

Here are few errors and guirks I found by quickly brosing through PGD pages.

When trying to open What's New -> New Group Messages the site layout is kinda screwed and tehre is some rerror message on top:
    Code:
    Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 21

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337
    Also when loading Home page I sometimes get this error:
    Code:
    Warning: Illegal string offset 'results' in ..../packages/vbcms/widget/myfriends.php on line 222
    Again page layout is screwed.

EDIT: Have you removed AJAX instant chat which was available from: http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/chat
    Or was this damaged with forum software update?

EDIT2: There is a moderated post in Welcome to PGD thread which seems to be posted by nonexisting member named "jusaso" (no forum profile with that name exists). PGD marks hims as Guest.
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 05-04-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks to everyone that has reported issues.

Seems the site is the victim of some of the 'strict' checks that I believe were introduced with PHP 5.4. Unfortunately vBulletin overrides (in almost every script) the system error settings, so when I turn off error reporting globally it's turned back on by individual scripts.

I'll look into this and hope that they release a patch fairly soon to sort it. I'm fairly confident there is nothing majorly wrong and that there are no conflicts between old and new versions because I completely cleared out the old scripts (and uncovered a number of backdoor scripts from our friendly neighbourhood hackers) and then installed the new version.

With regards to the AJAX chat script, I'll have to look into that and get back to you :-)

I'm glad to see the site being back :-)! Good job!

Nice work Athena and WILL!!
    Glad to be back

Blog Entries
    Ok, chat wise... seems the Ajax Chat client that was being used is no longer being maintained (at least until someone steps up to maintain the vBulletin integration). A quick search around on vBulletin.org revealed several alternatives, one of which has been installed.

It is now living at the bottom of the forum page, it will be collapsed by default. It auto-prunes messages after 48 hours.

Let's see how we get on with it

AJAX is evil. And JQuery is his prophet.

BTW thankyou Athena and WILL.
    No signature provided yet.